one|seventy|four

one|seventy|four

thank you all for the editorial insights on this page – i was rushing near the end as i had to escape the studio on previous obligations.

more kukuburi later next week…

1. smjjames says:

Hrm, what was/is he wrong about?

2. Shelby says:

You also misspelled friends in the last speech bubble ;)

smjjames — I think (speculation) he was wrong not to fill her in right away, when she entered the door. But we shall see what the actual reason was. Good to see that Rendo and Morvo are still alive, though the quadrapus is indeed bandaged.

4. Restoration-Complete says:

Ramon, I apologize, but this page, much like 155, begs for clarification and insight. The dialogue in the second half seems stilted and hurried compared to the verbose exchange between Bojangles and Rendo through hat-o-phone. I recognize the space for dialogue is limited in the panel, but it seems to convey urgency at the expense of clarity.

5. Chip says:

Gotta disagree with R-C. The dialogue is solid. I like that it begs a new question, and is otherwise spot on clear. I remain seriously enamored with this book and cannot wait to get my copy of a Tale of Sand to tide me over until I can purchase this baby. You floor me.

6. Quats says:

“It seems to convey urgency at the sake of clarity”? That sounds about right to me — that’s what the characters are doing, after all.

7. Hugh says:

The hats are all that I’d hoped soup cans and string would be when I was a child.

8. Pike says:

Is Bojangles supposed to say “friend” twice in the first panel? Seems odd. Already noted, but the last “friends” is misspelled. A little trouble with friends here, it seems :).

Also, it seems like Mr. B is supposed to answer to Nadia right after her demand with “and answers…”, but it’s not what the bubble layout suggests. Perhaps move the lowest/last bubble to the lower right corner?

Actually, now that I think about it, you probably meant for their speech to overlap partially? If so, it’s an interesting idea, but honestly, I don’t think it works very well in comics. We can’t read two bubbles at the same time anyway, and it creates confusion – as you see ;).

Other than that, Kukuburi remains very interesting! Thanks.

9. Stalwardgryphon says:

Your BACK! I swoon…

10. bigchiroal says:

“Caballero no tenemos mas chicles” (Guys, we’re fresh out of chewing gum!) gave me cause for great laughter. What amazing panache in the face of overwhelming adversity! THIS is an insectoid I could drink with. I’m fast coming to like this well drawn comic of yours. Thanks!

11. Cassandra says:

Is ok for mister b to say “dear friend friend”? Or is it just me?
    Great work nonetheless, looking forwar for more updates!

12. smjjames says:

Looks like that got fixed cassandra.

I would agree that the speech bubble layout is a bit disjointed in the second panel as it’s not clear where the bottom speech bubble should be, but if you read them left to right (probably read Nadias first) and top to bottom, they’d make sense.

Also, Ramon, as far as the not updating on weekends, I don’t mind since most of the comics I read don’t update on the weelends, unless you count those that update for Mondays comic on Sunday night.

13. Mike says:

Where did her hat go ?

14. smjjames says:

Nadias, and I think Rendo is sitting on top of it in the previous page.