one|seventy

one|seventy

…uhm, hello, sorry for the minor disappearing act :)

so, i’ve been doing reno’s on my new home, and last week, around thursday morn when i was working on last weeks kukuburi… a series of pipes burst in my home creating a miniature waterfall. pipes that had been corroding unbeknownst to me, or the previous owners for that matter, as they were hidden from view. so fixing this little situation took over my life till about last night around 11pm. i haven’t even been near a computer (as i don’t have internet at home) to send out a courteous update.

hopefully all is fixed – i’ll know for sure tonight when i turn the boiler heating back on in the house – that was one of the pipes, the other was the main hot water line. i’ve shared some photos below if you’re curious. ah, good times!

that said today’s update is what i had planned for last thursday, and the updates originally scheduled for this week i am going to update on friday and saturday… then next week, fingers crossed, pipes sealed, and not explosions or waterfalls later, next week’s updates will continue as normal.

1. Lee Cherolis says:

Man! Pipes and water damage are the worst. Fingers crossed it stays fixed. Going to check mine now that I’m good and paranoid.

So much awesome in these two panels… I will leave it at Cecil’s slicked down pomade do. Nice.

• Nicole says:

Interestingly, one of the things I’ve missed about Kukuburi is seeing Lee’s nail-biting avatar. :D Ah, it’s good to be back.

2. Alice Quinn says:

good luck with those pipes, from what I hear being a home owner is tough work. Really dig this update I can feel a larger story coming into focus. Corky & Cecil are funny, I hope to see more of them & Nadia’s whole gang soon :D

3. Ah, such awesomeness in just two panes!

Can’t wait to have all of Kukuburi sitting hard-copy style in my lap ;)

4. Elizabeth says:

When we bought our first house, my mom told me: water is the enemy.

Truer words have never been said.

5. Brightshade says:

I blame Bonesy, Ramon! Watch out — when you laat left us hanging he still had the upper hand, and I think he’s trying to derail Kukuburi updates in order to postpone his enviable defeat at the hands (and Hat!) of our fair Nadia…

6. Karyl says:

River, she runs down—
    my home’s across the water, my home’s across the water—
    River, she runs down………..

7. smjjames says:

How come you don’t have internet at home? Too expeinsive?

Anyways, of the cast, that leaves Morvo, Dado, and Rendo. The last we saw of Rendo was a tentacle poking out of a rubble pile, the last time we saw Morvo was warning them of danger, current whereabouts unknown, we did see the cannon that Dado was at on the crashed skywhale, but no sign of him. Morvo seems like he is pretty damn tough, so he might have survived, it’s possible Dado survived as welll. Whether Rendo is actually dead or not remains to be seen.

8. Michael Gardner says:

I love the hat portals. Also good luck with your plumbing / heating.

9. Radio360 says:

Water is a monsterous thing. especially with a roof leak. even if you can see where the water comes from in the ceiling, that doesn’t mean that’s where it’s coming from in the roof. It runs.

Hope it goes well!

10. Ben says:

wait wait wait… so it’s Zomgz hat in one panel and Corky/Cecil’s hat in the other… Trippy.

So cool! :D and…REGGIE!!! Nadia’s expression is so sweet.

12. Hugh says:

Yay! Ramón’s not dead! When it comes to character design you are the man Mr. Pérez. (Bowing!)

13. Sarita says:

Okay, cool… so the hats are portals! Then… where did that bomb go that Rendo sent through his hat? D8 I hope it’s not going to come flying out of someone else’s hat at some point. o:

14. A.C. says:

Yipe! Hope it’s all sorted now Ramon! Water damage is NOT fun, unlike the hats of Kukuburi, which are clearly IMMENSE fun!

Now I wonder if you could use that to get instant take out… O_O

15. Jaysika says:

Our water heater pipes broke on Wednesday. Yay, water buddies! :D

16. BenNy says:

might want to edit nadia’s cheek there. it stands out.

17. Deedee says:

…Can Nadia not just join them through the hat?