one|sixty|seven

one|sixty|seven

good morning all and welcome back to kukuburi.

it’s been quite some time since i’ve been here, over a year in fact, and i’ve been missing every moment. the break was an unplanned one as i had to dedicate my time to a major project involving jim henson, a lost screenplay, and a graphic novel. if that intrigues you, enjoy a PREVIEW of TALE OF SAND, and read a bit about the project and book’s HISTORY, all at ARCHAIA.com.

as exciting and prolific a project that tale of sand is to be a part of, coming back to kukuburi is like coming home. it’s been fun drawing familiar characters nadia and her friends again and my anticipation is greater than ever to wrap up this first arc of the story and have it published and in your hands! though we return at a quiet moment , it won’t last for very long…

oh, next page wednesday :)

cheers,

ramon.

1. Hannah says:

Oh wow! Here is something to make any Monday worth the trouble! Welcome back!!!

2. Noodles says:

MOAR PLEASE! =P

3. phathiker says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! WB Ramon! Gives me an excuse to go back to the beginning and reaquaint myself with the story.

4. Rita says:

Welcome back! Tale of Sand looks absolutely beautiful, I can’t wait to get a hold of it. :)

5. Jw says:

Yay! I’m glad I kept your link in my google reader feed despite the long silence! i must reread now!

6. Scruffy says:

Well, isn’t this just all kinds of banana-pancakes awesome! Welcome back! Small suggestion? I’ve been checking the front page of Kuku religiously since your hiatus began, including the last few days, and I didn’t notice you’d started updating. It took Twitter to let me know (Karl Kerschl, in fact). Those thumbnails at the bottom are just not enough to show an update change at first glance. Strongly recommend putting the latest page on the front and standard nav to “first, previous, etc.” around that. The current design is too non-obvious. Sorry for the unsolicited design advice, but I’m a nosey designer type, so… Also: WELCOME BACK!

• Ramón says:

thanks scruffy – all advice is welcome. i am planning on reworking the kukuburi site… so i will keep that in mind when i do. my one concern about going to the newest update first was that of a spoilers for new readers. hence the front page with the newest updates below in a row. perhaps a way to make them more noticeable….

7. Scruffy says:

Very understandable. Perhaps a giant LATEST COMIC label, above or below the main image might do it :) Something obvious and above the fold.

8. Reidic says:

Ramon, loving it! Welcome back! Any idea when there’s gonna be a street date or a pre-order time for Tale of Sand?

9. G.Dupons says:

Wow, he’s back! Welcome!

10. Fabio Milito Pagliara says:

welcome back :)

11. GSG says:

W00t! WB, and thanks for the deliciously beautiful new installment in the story. :D

12. Sarita says:

“Stay puft I don’t know”?

Btw, WELCOME BACK! I was so excited to see this today, then spent the whole workday rereading the comic :D

13. Davey says:

This has truly brightened a very boring Tuesday afternoon for me… I can’t wait to continue the story!! Welcome back Mr. Perez :D

14. Alec says:

sooooooo…no updates in a month?

15. zorkion says:

Super happy to see kukuburi back after all this time! :D