…and listen.

hey there everybody,

it’s been busy days – i’m not making excuses cause i’m done with that, i’m just gonna work at the pace that i am able, so i’m just here to tell it like it is.

since mid january, on top of my regular workload, i have been spending 10-20 hours weekly hunting for a new home. not a home to rent, but to buy. i recently came to the conclusion that my renting days had to end. so to stretch my spare time even further i have also been taking on extra work to build up my savings to make realize this endeavour.

i thought i could continue with kukuburi through out this – but my time has been monopolized.

nothing is concrete yet, so i don’t wanna jinx myself, but as the month closes i might have some good new. and once the dust settles i can get back to focussing on what i love; comics – specifically kukuburi and butternutsquash. the above picture of nadia is the first thing i’ve drawn for myself since the last kukuburi update. it’s been crazy here.

thank you all for your patience. i look forward to returning when i can – i just wanted to let you know what was going on.

cheers.

1. alexlent says:

Good luck! Happy to wait for a great comic like this. (@alexlent)

2. Linds says:

We missed you Ramón, glad to see Nadia again! Take your time, you’ve got a loyal audience. :)

3. TheInferno says:

Linds is rigth worry not for when you return we will still be here waiting. ^-^

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Edward Krebes, Arthur Dela Cruz and Arthur Dela Cruz, Ramón Pérez. Ramón Pérez said: New Kukuburi!: …and listen. http://www.kukuburi.com/v2/2010/06/18/and-listen/ [...]

5. raider_geek12 says:

This comic is worth the wait.

6. Leak says:

Yeah, trying to buy a house can be all kinds of nuts – a co-worker of mine is just going through that, and it’s MAD…

So take your time and get settled for good first of all. :)

7. MarauderDeuce says:

The great thing about RSS feeds is that I don’t have to keep re-visiting the website so I don’t get annoyed at the lack of updates. Take the time you need and know that we’re all itching for your return for both comics!

8. Reidic says:

As much as we’ll miss ya Ramon, thanks for letting us know. We’ll be here when you come back!

9. SpandexDoom says:

Good Luck on the house hunting :-)
    And not to be raining on your parade, but once you do find a house….and move…..expect to have at least a month of additional upheaval.
    How ever it works out for you, I’ll be happy for you and will wait patiently for the continuation of the strip………cause its so freakin good!

10. wtf says:

Really? you can’t finish a few more page and finish chapter 1? wow.

• kaitou says:

Sorry, wtf, but real life has a way of upsetting side-line web comic production. For instance, I recently got a full-time job and my comic has dropped to once a week, and it’s usually late, at that. Ramon, being the pro that he is, will publish when he has the time to do it right. Just be glad that he’s doing this for us at all. (I know I am!)

• Squishybear says:

Real Life *always* takes precedence over hobbies and free-time. In case you don’t know what “precedence” means, that means “a right to preferential treatment”, i.e. , it’s more important!

I’ve been shopping for a house myself recently and it’s practically a full time job just to find a place worth calling home.

I want the next comic too, but Ramon will deliver when he’s able to, and I’ll be waiting patiently for it, knowing that it’ll be great!

If you aren’t happy with the delays, sorry, but you need to understand what is important to Ramon, is finding a HOME.

• Linds says:

it’s art, baby!! you don’t rush art, you greedy mofo.

11. J says:

I hope you find something nice, senor. make sure to get it thoroughly inspected!

also remember, 20% down means no extra insurance. :)

12. Sihaya says:

Oh, time to get a shiny new mortgage! Good luck with the house hunting, man.

13. Flipkat says:

I’m really digging the foreshortening here! Oh Nadia, you can hypnotize me anytime.

14. Xenon says:

Just update sometime, please?!

I know how you feel, I am helping my wife open her first shop, trying desperately to find a job before my current one ends in August, preparing for my son’s birthday, and trying to get some time to do things for myself…life is busy, just don’t leave us permanently.

And good luck with the house hunting.

15. Istas says:

Best wishes on the house hunt, I hope everything goes well. I look forward to future updates, whenever that may be.

16. Alison says:

Nothing beats setting up your studio just how you want it in your own home!
    And then tearing it all apart and putting it in storage so the room becomes a giant play pen and you spend a few precious nap time hours drawing on a lap board in front of the tv cause there’s nowhere else to set up your drafting table…

17. stephen says:

i will let this slide this one time, as long as your new house is kick ass and some awesome space for you to have a studio!

18. Have shopped for and brought a house.. well a mortgage anyway.
    And yes, it’s a HUGE time suck.. .till you land.
    And then it’s a HUGS time suck, getting settled in the new space.

But STILL kicks renting’s ASS.

19. Restoration-Complete says:

Wow… you know, to all the people who are complaining about the comic’s interruptions and Ramon’s busy schedule, let me refund you right here and now.

There, 100% of the NOTHING you pay to enjoy Mr. Perez’s story… Thank you for making kukuburi.com your home for great webcomic entertainment.

20. Torrey says:

Good luck on the house, Ramón.

21. memoryloss says:

Well, as my land law teacher says, I guess you can recognise house-buyers from their dead eyes and the grey streaks in their hair – hope you finish unscathed, and good luck!

22. BenNy says:

so… is kukuburi on hiatus?
    i don’t really know what it means, but it’s been used on postponed comics.

23. Mike says:

Well, you’re in my aggregator
    So see you when you’re back!

24. solak says:

I prefer quality to quantity. I believe that your artistic muse will push you to return to Kukuburi when the rest of your life situation allows, so I will patiently wait.

25. reinaldo says:

¡No te preocupes Ramón! mucha suerte con tu casa, quienes seguimos Kukuburi estaremos aquí esperándote.

26. smjjames says:

Congrats on finding a new place! :)

27. TJ says:

Ramón, congratz on the new place.
    Take your time to do what you need to do, we’ll just be waiting patiently ^_^

28. E-rip-mave says:

I miss you! D:

29. vogerl says:

why was my first thought:

“WOAH, she’s gonna headbutt me!”

just checking in……. good luck Ramon!

31. A.C. says:

Take as long as you need man, with everything you’ve been through I think I’d be thinking about buying my own place instead (well actually, I am, but anyway…!)
    It’s cool you can even do that (save up for a house by doing more art related work I mean, I’m having to change careers completely in order to pull it off), so here’s to the new place.

Best of luck Ramon, hope the new place is everything you want it to be. :)

32. anuLuna says:

Take all the time you need, it’ll just make the return that much more satisfying.
    Good luck on house hunting! I’m looking for a new rental, myself actually, so I know how tough the housing market can be.

GANBATTE! (Basically, do well or good luck)

[Rando-Note] As I was reading through the pages, for some reason a pairing of Mr. Bones and Nadia sprung up.
    Perhaps I’m just crazy…

33. Diana says:

Be sure to put an engineer’s inspection clause into the purchase offer! We don’t want you to have any unpleasant surprises! ( Only pleasant ones )

34. ixzist says:

Excellent comic! One of the very best that I’ve seen.

35. Wow! Great cómic!! :)

36. Rampage_Starfire says:

Well first, good luck with everything, I love Kukuburi.

Second….

TELL US WHAT’S IN THE DAMN PACKAGE! ARRGH IT’S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Hang in there, Rampage_Starfire. :) We’ll find out eventually.

38. bon says:

Hope everything is going well, Ramon! Would love to hear a tiiiiny status update – even if it’s something like “don’t get your hopes up yet”

39. BenNy says:

please update…

40. smjjames says:

Any news on the update front?

41. Kassandra says:

should we check back in a month or a year? …. just trying to gage my hopes

42. PJ Grogan says:

Hopes dashed…

43. Istas says:

No hopes dashed here, still waiting patiently, and hope all is well.

In the meantime I shall contemplate Schrödinger’s Hat.