one|sixty|five

one|sixty|five

this week was a frenetic blur – i really don’t know where the time went.

i am currently working on page 166 and will post it as soon as i can – i hope in the next day. i will also, for the sake of my sanity be moving the kukuburi update days for now to thursday and fridays.

a little update;

my scanner is still, essentially, broken so if any artist’s could recommend a good large format scanner that tackles both colour and b&w well it would be appreciated. to survive i am scanning pages in pieces and assembling in photoshop. joy!

new home search still continues! yesterday i spent a fun three hours looking at different places – and that was, comparatively, a short day! i can’t wait to find a place and be able to devote that time to working on kuku and bns again. hell, this week alone i think i spent a good tallied 24hrs looking at potential places…

alright studio is overheating,  time to escape for a late late lunch and then look at more home potentials!!

ps/ for those who might be interested, some photos from TCAF 2010!

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Arthur Dela Cruz, Nicholas Myers, Nicholas Myers, donalfall, donalfall and others. donalfall said: RT @TheRamonPerez: New Kukuburi!: one|sixty|five http://www.kukuburi.com/v2/2010/05/28/onesixtyfive/ [...]

2. Jade says:

Is there a “Buy Ramon a New Scanner So We Can Get Our Kuku Fix” fund? If so, I will gladly contribute, and if not, there should be!

3. as363 says:

(Background Music Swells – Familiar comic theme – “Here he comes to save the day ” .)

It’s Zmog – with the hatbox – and your favorite Jet-propelled Bee . I fell perhaps some serious whooping is about to start . If I was a Red/Black Manta ray – I might be lookling over my shoulder .

• Eric says:

That’s Zomgz, but without Reggie or the hatbox. Morvo took them to the battlewhale while Zomgz fought the nightmares up higher.

I think it probably was Zomgz, not Nadia, who took out that nightmare. Go Zomgz!!!

4. Woohoo!! Go Zomgz!!!

5. dangerkitty says:

Glad to have you back- or the comic at least since i don’t know you personally, however judging by this comic you’re probably pretty awesome

6. Ryan B. says:

Yay ZOMGZ! He’s pretty much my favorite. Well, him and the meeps.

7. Alejandro says:

I bought an inkjet Brother MFC 6490cw that scans, copies, prints at a max of 11×17 with 600 dpi. Works perfectly and only cost me $200 (american) or so on sale at office depot.

8. smjjames says:

I wonder if Zomgz had gotten ‘eaten’ by that one (although it looks like the inside of that thing is made of fire) and he was just now blasting his way out.

Although, given that Morvo just seems to have been knocked off course and not knocked out, I wonder where he is at. I hope the whale didn’t crash on top of the package, heh.

9. yLanaRae says:

Yes, Kung Fu Master Zomgz!!!! Love that dude.

And yes, we should start a “Get Ramon a Scanner” fund!

10. bon says:

See the bottomless hat at the lower right corner of the comic? There’s your fun(d)raiser button :)

11. Gr33nOne says:

Dunno if it was Zomgz that actually destroyed that creature … so much as he was drawn to where Nadia is because of the explosion. Personally I think since she can create them she can destroy those creatures

12. BJMcG says:

Always good to see new Kukuburi! I love the way you tie the panels together! (Zomgz flying through panel 1 and into 3).

13. Frank says:

Finally caught up to the present. This is so awesome! I mean, just look at that smoke!

Lenny, tell her more unsettling news! Maybe she’ll blow the rest of them up! :D

Ramón, good luck with the home search!

Hmm…I do think Zomgz blew that nightmare up, considering where his contrail is coming from. Love him! So glad he’s okay! :)

Ramon…looks like TCAF 2010 was great fun! Especially with the BNS fans! ;)

15. Charlie Foxtrot says:

Came over here from PvP. Let me say the quality of your artwork, the fantastic breadth and depth of your vision, and the enveloping storyline have made this graphic web novel my favorite site. Thank You!

Take your time — the results are definitely worth waiting for!

16. She can control what’s going on now?

• Restoration-Complete says:

I think in order to control what’s going on, first she has to understand what’s going on, and her place in what’s going on…

At this point, she’s still mostly in denial of what’s going on.

17. Torrey says:

Beautiful work as always, Ramon. Glad to have you back!

18. just picked up a Brother MFC 6890CDW when my super expensive large format scanner died. It’s been nice especially for the price. 11×17 scans with Max. Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi) 19,200 x 19,200 dpi; Optical Scan Resolution (dpi) 1200 x 2400 dpi color of course and it can do borderless 11×17 printing. it’s been most helpful :)

lovely and inspirational work as always