one|sixty|two

one|sixty|two

a day late and a dollar short.

this week only sees one new page of kukuburi going up, there was a bit of a flu going around the studio, and that combined with my workload, made time a commodity this week. however i will try and make up the difference next week.

speaking of workload, an interesting little opportunity dropped into my lap. i am doing 10 pages as part of a dazzler special for marvel comics over the next month! i rarely get the opportunity to work with the great folks at marvel, so when this fell into my lap i jumped on it! it may affect kukuburi updates a little over the coming weeks, but i’ll try my best to keep things rolling.

at top of everything april also sees me attending the chicago comics & entertainment expo (c2e2) from the 16th to the 18th at mccormick place. i will be sharing table space in artist’s alley with fellow tx’ers cameron stewart and scott hepburn. we will be located in row H tables 11 & 12. there will be sketching and a variety of swag – swing on by if you can!

cheers.

1. Awesome! I was worried about Reggie.

2. smjjames says:

Don’t you mean Lenny? Reggie is the rocket-beetle.

3. yLanaRae says:

MMm, yay. Lenny is safe. Nugget is awesome.

And Nadia has to go home…….. I really don’t think that’s the end of Mr. Bones, either.

4. err, right. I had Lenny in my mind, but my fingers disagreed.

5. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Cameron Stewart, Ramón Pérez, FrancescoFrancavilla, LanaRae, LezleyDavidson and others. LezleyDavidson said: RT @calaverakid: New Kukuburi!: one|sixty|two http://www.kukuburi.com/v2/2010/04/01/onesixtytwo/ [...]

6. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by calaverakid: New Kukuburi!: one|sixty|two http://www.kukuburi.com/v2/2010/04/01/onesixtytwo/...

7. as363 says:

Sounds like very good advice from Lenny . Somehow – I don’t think Nadia is in the mind to take it . Sure hope I’m wrong.

8. Daniel says:

Big sigh of relief from this quarter! For now…

9. dangerkitty says:

Don’t worry about doing more man- don’t feel pressured!

10. Sean says:

But what a page it is!

11. BenNy says:

and, so the questions stop,
    and now the waiting to be explained part.

12. Carrie says:

Grats on the Marvel gig! I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. :)

13. Chris H says:

I love the little crunchy bits of Mr. Bones along with one half of his glasses lying on the ground in panel 2, Great Touch!

14. Sam says:

I love Dazzler, have a lot of fun on this one. I think we can hang in there for something this cool. Congrats Ramon!

Good catch, Chris H! I missed that. So cool.

Hooray for Nadia, Nugget and Lenny! I have no idea where it will go from here. Can’t wait to see!

16. TURBOjew says:

that cant be it of course…

17. Oh man, a nice “up” in the story arc… but it sounds like there’s more trouble ahead.

18. Dave in NC says:

of course there’s more to come! This is only chapter 1, remember.

19. Who’s the douchebag posting ads on the comment thread?

I have to admit I do like Nugget too. I like this page Ramon!

21. Restoration-Complete says:

Hm. As amusing as a mute nugget is, he needs a voice. I was excited when I thought it was Nugg and not Lenny speaking to Nadia.

22. You should add your comic to ComicHovel.com so I can add them to my faves. =]

23. zhub says:

I think perhaps Nadia’s Hat (whatever it is) might make a difference in her ability to stay there, and the impact she has. Where IS Reggie with it now?????

24. Lee Cherolis says:

Damn, so sad I can’t make it to C2E2! I would have liked to come by and gush about Kukuburi.
    Have a good convention!

25. RAWLS says:

Congrats on the job my friend! I know you’ll make it great! Hope yer feelin better!

26. stocktone says:

Technically, a slug is also a gastropod.

27. smjjames says:

@Restoration-Complete: Well, I was going to say that Nugget doesn’t have a visible mouth, but neither does Zomgz or Reggie. However, since Reggie seems to communicate through buzzing and Zomgz’s speech probably sounds like an alien language, or maybe R2D2. So maybe Nugget could be telepathic?

Anyways, I wonder what happened with yesterdays comic? Ramon usually lets us know when there is a delay. Although given that his schedule got busier recently (the new job and the comic expo coming later in the month), that could in itself be the reason.

28. smjjames says:

What in the wierd? The comment thing is a bit messed up as theres a comment from the third that is getting stuck below the latest comment.

29. Sylph says:

Those show up occasionally, and it’s probably RAMON, since it’s showing where to discuss KUKUBURI elsewhere. Just a thought.
    Anyway, Yay! Lenny the Stoic ain’t dead! Lenny needs more fanart… Nug and Lug rhyme, clever…..

30. James says:

Hi

Your artwork is gorgeous and I don’t really want to harp on something that is provided for free, but you kinda rushed the story there at the end and it was a bit of an anti-climax, especially after you really dragged out the events over the last few pages.

Still, nice work. Hopefully the sequel will clear some of these things up.

31. Do you have a good sense of humor .