one|fifty|three

one|fifty|three

so what day is it? i’ve completely lost track…

okay i’m being a bit flippant, but it’s been a jam packed series of days. aside from personal stuff, i may have to be moving so i’m hunting around for apartments as a precautionary measure, which eats up a joyous amount of time. i’ve also been coding, along with karl kerschl (of abominable charles christopher fame) a series of upgrades for TX Comics. Karl’s been handling the individual site designs, while i’ve been handling the main TX site interface. and coding takes up a lot of hours that just tend to blur by…

but things are now set in motion, aside from changing over all the individual sites to the new TX “look” currently showcased on charles christopher and sin titulo.  so that’s going to eat up a bit of time – so expect kukuburi to be down possibly this weekend. most likely sunday.

also new is the TX Shop, a unified storefront, which will showcase the collective swag of all the tx creators. currently there are a handful of prints, some and some t-shirts, though we will begin to populate the store with more items as time progresses. to paraphrase karl, this is truly an exciting time for us as this is the next big step in moving forward in our careers as artists and storytellers. moving away from corporate reliance and toward self-sufficiency as creators in our own right. the more we move in this direction the less work-for-hire jobs we have to take which will allow us to focus more of our time on our own stories, with regular and possibly more updates as time progresses.

me. right now. very excited!

okay… time to get back to the drawing board and tackle the next kukuburi page and that red-headed stepchild of mine butternutsquash who has been neglected some love over the past few weeks!

1. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by calaverakid: it’s kukuburi time! http://su.pr/2YXODN...

2. yLanaRae says:

O_o!!!

Oh.. man…. Nadia is pissed!!!

Also, grats on the fantastic new TX layout. Checked it out a bit yesterday and it looks great!

3. Moop says:

Nadia needs to kick Mr Bone’s sharp pointy rear end.

Creep. >_<

4. Indique says:

Nadia: *SPARKLE* gonna open a can of whupass on you

zomfg this is sweet, Ramón.

5. Johnathan Ohm says:

Ramon, I’m worried– are you letting deadlines affect your final product?
    I’ve read all one hundred and fifty three pages of Kukuburi and for the first time, in the first panel, Nadia doesn’t look like Nadia… she has a Sherlock Holmes chin now?

She also seems like she’d have some toothy detaling in the last panel, even if it’s just canines.

Please remember I love your Kukuburi with all my heart and intend to show it to my children one day when they exist. You might just consider changing your update status to “Whenever life permits.”

Create us a masterpiece and those who stick around to see it done will love it more than enough for any impatient fools who abandon your work.

Cheers– J.O. 25

6. Johnathan Ohm says:

Also…. I became worried I had improperly criticized one of my favorite authors, so I started scrolling back through Kukuburi.

I only made it to page 151 before I realized I have nothing I need apologize for.
    It’s breathtaking.

7. Johnathan Ohm says:

Finally, I think the final panel might be just perfect.
    I’m not sure how many teeth show in the fury of saying “graah”.
    I tried it. Powerful word.

::now letting sleeping dogs lie::

Let him have it, Nadia!!!

I notice it, too Johnathan–I’m thinking it’s just all teeth in an emotional gesture of pure rage. Yeah. That sounds good. :)

• Odo says:

On the other hand, I agree with Johnathan that there is something “off” about Nadia’s face in the first panel. It’s not *wrong*, so much as it isn’t quite totally *right*.

Mr. Bones is lying … again.
    He’s saying Nadia’s friends are dead.
    Heck, Nadia hasn’t even _met_ most of her friends, and we last saw Mr. B alive and well.
    He lies like a throw rug.
    He’s about to lie down like a throw rug.
    Really love this update.

10. redapples says:

In two and a half years you have produced 150+ kukuburi pages which is about the same amount of Rocketeer pages that Dave Stevens produced in ten years or more (144 pages). Whenever people bitch about deadlines I remember the Rocketeer and chuckle to myself. If Stevens had been putting out a webcomic he’d have posted a page every 4 weeks!

Clearly heading to some kind of climax and it’ll take its own sweet time getting there dammit. Keep up the good work.

Here for the long haul, redapples.

11. BenNy says:

Exquisiste,
    AAAANd the climax gets higher.
    can’t wait for the next page.

12. as363 says:

As Mr. Holmes said “The game’s afoot” .

13. Steve W says:

the Battle whale is down, The brigade is being beaten back, and Nadia is pissed! I cannot wait to see where the next pages take us! Good luck with the apartment hunt.

14. Great, now I can’t look at the first panel without her chin totally dominating it. Thanks John. :(

15. dfwhee says:

He’s baiting her. Nadia is mad, but she’s also a sweetheart. If she physically attacks Mr. Bones (which is playing right into his, er, hands), he’s going to kick her ass.

glad you all seem to be enjoying the ride :)

i ended up tweaking nadia’s face in p1 as it was a bit wonky. unfort, sometimes you do see that till you step away for a couple days or someone points it out…

now where’s that can of whup ass for page 154….

17. cjevic says:

Reading this while listening to the opening for Muse-Knights of Cydonia = Wicked!!

18. Danny says:

YES. ASSKICKING TIME.

19. Love the new one, been waiting for these next panels for so long. New layout over on chris’ is pretty cool too.

20. Mani says:

When you think about it, things having been going downhill for Nadia pretty much ever since Mr. Bones had her giraffe siphoned away and then threw her off a cliff.

So…whether she kicks his ass by the end of Chapter One or not, the story’s stakes are prime. Awesome.

And while I love a hero as much as everyone else (ish), I gotta say I love a good villain, and I love seeing him go to town, and I wonder if we’re still just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

21. DavinciCoder says:

open can of whup ass nadia should – yoda

22. smjjames says:

I thought the mouth looked a bit wierd the way it was earlier as well.

Anyways, the next one going to be released tonight? can’t wait for the next part! :)

23. yLanaRae says:

To make up for the fact that Nadia’s face was wonked…. Her rack looks fanastic.
    >_>;;;

Just sayin.

24. mybret says:

wow .. good story … I always waited for more man.

25. CJ says:

I have to say, I didn’t like the “big white ball in Nadia’s mouth” back when that happened, and I don’t like how it appears you got called away before finishing or forgot to finish her mouth this time. To me, it portrays nothing, where even a few slight details could portray the rage you’re going for. The strangeness in Nadia’s face in the first panel, for example, portrays all the emotional turmoil inside her as things begin to take hold of her and revelations are made, so I know you grasp that aspect of things… You just choose to disregard it when it comes to rage or fear emotions.

Seriously love the comic, I can’t tell you how mesmerized I am by the art. I know critics can be harsh, but I think you can take it.

• Ramón says:

hey cj,

thanks for the input – i’m always willing to take criticism as long as it’s intelligent and not malicious. i will be re-editing a lot of kukuburi when i am able to go to print and taking all input into account.

thanks :)