one|forty|three

one|forty|three

it’s 1:14am here… so i guess it’s officially good morning!

i seem to be a day behind everything since new years. hopefully in the next few days i can change that, and move it so i’m a few days ahead… maybe, even, dare i say it weeks ahead… ah, to dream. but in all honesty, i did sit down a few days ago and laid out the next 20 pages or so of kukuburi which i’m quite happy about as it’s been floating in my head and in rough notes for a few months now. and even though i’ve known the ending to chapter one for some time it took me some time to arrange the puzzle pieces. i hope you’re as happy with it as i am.

though knowing these characters they’ll veer of the script i’ve set forth. they’ve done it once, they’ll do it again. it’s the beuayt of the spontaneity of doing things the way i am… and also the danger.

as you can see this week we return to our team out in the trenches and to reiterate morvo’s response… not goood.

btw, if you haven’t done so already, you still have a chance to VOTE on what you might think is in the box that reggie fought tooth and nail to bring to the brigade.

see you tomorrow :)

1. DmitriN says:

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this…” Way to keep us on the edge of our collective seats, Ramon! grrrrrr :)

2. French Toast says:

long time lurker chiming in for the first time here :D
    i have to say that i enjoy your strip sooo much! its great to have regular updates again. :P (its been a looooong while since i’ve checked in)

3. Bedirhan says:

Just learned about Kukuburi an hour ago and read through all of them. This is amazing! Cannot wait to see what happens next!

4. Puck says:

-eyetwitch-

Seriously, Ramon?!
    I was so excited at the idea of this huge backlog of strips to work through and I only have three to read? ;-;

You only work insanely hard on this, surely you could move things a bit faster!

That background in panel 2 looks awfully familiar. Nightmares wading through a cloud of mantas?

6. Big rock creatures need eyedrops badly.

7. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ramón Pérez and LezleyDavidson, Denny Riccelli. Denny Riccelli said: RT @calaverakid: the team out in the trenches gets a little surprise in #kukuburi… http://su.pr/2T0Q2D [...]

8. Sarah says:

No! I must know what happened to Lenny!

9. Sarah says:

(please)

10. raider_geek12 says:

Sweet

11. Daniel says:

The sign of a good story is that your characters take on lives of their own and hijack your well-intended, well-laid plot.

Morvo…king of the understatement!

13. Love the new strip, can’t wait to see what happens to lenny, and what the the package is.

14. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by calaverakid: the team out in the trenches gets a little surprise in #kukuburi… http://su.pr/2T0Q2D...

15. yLanaRae says:

Again, with the cliffhangers… Ramon, I can’t help but feel absolutely excited about the giant rock thing that has now collided with panel two. But… …what about LENNY!?!

16. yLanaRae says:

Again, with the cliffhangers…

Ramon, I can’t help but feel absolutely excited about the giant rock thing that has now collided with panel two. And that Morvo narrowly averted being scooped up by said Giant Rock Thing. But… …what about LENNY!?! ^_^ Great strip.

17. Aidan says:

…I want the next update, when does that happen?
    My friend sent me here and I want more

Looking good as always Ramon! Lovin it!

19. Danny says:

Great update! I really like the flow of these panels, and I’ve found myself really wishing I had Zomgz’s ray guns and flying…things.

20. BenNY says:

Do those rock monsters have a name?

21. bebarce says:

This one had me a bit confused at first because in the first panels accelerating up so drastically that I thought at first that the second panel was set above the first.

Very cool though, I can’t wait to see how this goes down. I completely forgot that Nadia has had no interaction to date with “The Chaps”. Guess it feels like we’ve known about them so long that its weird thinking other people in the story have yet to meet them. Kinda like introducing two best friends to each other.

Benny, I think they are just known as Nadia’s nightmares. So far, anyway.

23. sco3tt says:

I’ve enjoyed every page so far and this one is no exception, well done. I enjoy your artwork and colors and the story so far and am looking forward to being a fan for a long time to come!