one|thirty|six

one|thirty|six

hello everybody!

it’s been sometime… and this update is perhaps the cruelest thing i could do :P

but rest easy, there are two more pages this week, updating tomorrow and thursday!

i’d like to thank all the good people who helped me out while i was traveling europe by contributing their own takes on kukuburi. i cannot thank you all enough. i’ve removed the post from continuity so as to not interrupt story flow when people are reading. the afformentioned contributions will all be posted in the fan art gallery, within the coming days, for all to peruse.

speaking of europe, i’d like to thank everyone who swung by the various conventions, stores, and festivals to say hello and make our tour that much more special. it was great meeting you all. for those who might be intrigued during my travels i kept a blog and posting my experiences along with various photos. though my travels have finished i will still be posting more stories and photos as time permits.

everything up to this point has been the climb to the top of the first hill on the kukuburi rollercoaster. i can’t wait to share the remainder of the story and images that are dancing in my head with you the coming days, weeks and months. i hope you all enjoy the ride.

get ready to drop.

1. DavinciCoder says:

Now don’t we all know how Zulu’s been feeling. Glad your back Ramon!

2. Pizzasgood says:

W00T!

3. Ashley says:

OMG! You are BACK! I’m going to start calling you Aaron Diaz if you keep making me wait in suspense like this :D just kidding. I love you, and I’m glad you had fun in Europe, and I’m super excited that you are back

4. xMagox says:

Wow! So cool that you’ve finaly updated with an page following the stroyline. I was ansious for this day. Ever talk about kukuburi for my friends, i’m a brazilian fan of your work.

keep on with your great work.

5. Jonty says:

Welcome Back!! It’s been a long wait, but i feel it will be worth it!

6. Reidic says:

God it’s good to have you back Ramon!

7. as363 says:

Ramon – so glad that you are back – and throwing the “hi-heat” – with the knuckle-ball at the end . If looks could kill – I would shrivel up with those two cold blues glaring at me. You go girl !!!

8. Dan Dan says:

Agreed. This right here is the comic I am most anxious for during the weekly lineup… and Ramon, Just know that I read a lot of them. Most of the Tran X, and a whole slug of others. So as previously stated. GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK.

MMM…. I imagine Nadia’s comment as basically wordless, expressed in her look alone. Waiting for more… more… MORE!

thank you all – it’s great to be back!

11. Allyne says:

Noooooooo give zulu back! D:

12. Squiggle says:

Squeeeee Kukuburi!! How exciting!!

Also, personally, I like the curse. I can see where you are coming from with the “Its not necessary” stuff but at the same time, I think it adds slightly to her obvious anger and kinda suits Nadia’s personality. She strikes me as someone who probably wouldn’t stay silent and glare at people to make her point.

13. indique says:

I liked the curse; it illuminates her evolution from the days of dodging traffic. Hell hath no wrath… like a Nadia underestimated. Welcome back, Sir!

14. Carl Cravens says:

Yay! Glad you had a good trip.

The “word” in the panel is perfect. It re-emphasizes Nadia’s nature… she may be one of the “good”, but she’s got a little of the “bad” in her. And I suspect it’s that little bit that will make the difference in the end.

15. Joanna says:

I second the “keep the curse” crowd — it almost reads as a non-verbal noise, like a speech bubble with nothing but a “!” in it. It’s like the little skull and crossbones doesn’t mean just a naughty word, but everything that a naughty word means and conveys outside of a select four letters.

Also eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Kuku is back!

16. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Karl Pichotta and eurick dimitri, Daniel Newman. Daniel Newman said: Kukuburi is back!!!! http://www.kukuburi.com/v2/2009/12/08/onethirtysix/ [...]

*dances around Ramon*

So glad you’re back! So glad Kukuburi is back!!

I also like the curse. It defines her anger as more of a “I kill you!” kind of anger. :D

18. dlaiyre says:

YES! I think Odo might be right, her expression doesn’t scream cursing, but I think her eyes express searing hatred.

Beautiful as always mon amie, I am constantly astounded at just how much expression you fit into each panel.

19. Max says:

YAY, new Kukuburi!
    Finaly, so good to have you back Ramon! Glad you enjoyed your Tour D’Europe :D
    And this panel once again oozes Awesome.
    “Get ready to drop”? You Betcha, Sir!

20. Seolyk says:

Yay! you’re back! been enjoying seeing the fan art, but glad to see the story continue!

21. rollabarnessa says:

EIIIIIIYEEE, It’s baack. Thank god.