one|thirty

one|thirty

…as you can see, things are coming together :)

thank you to all the people who came out to say hello at fan expo this past weekend. i can happily say this was one of my best fan expo experiences overall, and ranks pretty damn high, if not #1, on my overall con experiences! so once again thank you for making this show so memorable and for your enthusiasm for kukuburi.

at the show i made available a new limited edition (of 100) kukuburi print. the print is now available through my online STORE for those who couldn’t make it out to the show and might be interested in purchasing one. it is a 9.5″ x 13″ giclée print on archival paper using archival inks.

Limited Edition Kukuburi Print

see you all on thursday for this week next update :)

1. LittleBlueMan says:

Awesome! Get him, Nadia!

2. Moose says:

Haha, I cannot put into words how much I like this page. Great job, Ramon.

3. brightshade says:

Now I’m in trouble for shouting “YES!” at the top of my lungs while in my wife’s office… ;)

Superb panel, so satisfying, and brilliant how all the limbs are in the right place. You make it look so easy :)

4. Grace says:

HA HA!! Fabulous. Mr. Skull Guy got what’s coming to him.

5. Henry says:

I actually did not see that coming. I love it! I love the cross-eyed ragdoll pose of zulu.

6. Badtrak says:

Terrific!!!! I love this page. Poetic justice in one frame

7. Daniel St-J says:

I didn’t see it coming either, but Yay! (snabble-snabble)

8. Reidic says:

Woot, totally scored on of those prints! Ramon you are most awesomeazing.

9. Violet Strangt says:

Fantastic!

10. Arwen says:

The man is you. You are the man. Are you the man? I’m tired. Let’s share a popsicle through the web.

11. Paul says:

Sweet panel!!!

Ummm, while satisfying in a poetic justice way, and inevitable due to the fact that Mr. Skull and Nadia are opposite forces in the Inbetween, it does nothing to mitigate the fact that Nadia is not really flying yet. We do know that Reggie is in the neighborhood, but he will be heading for the back of the whale, not for Nadia (at least not immediately).

Since Mr. Skull cannot fly, the fact that their limbs are linked won’t actually help. I suppose one of the manta-creatures might come back to save him (and incidentally Nadia), or he might be caught by one of the new nightmares.

Waiting eagerly for Thursday.

13. tyler niccum says:

Hey Ramon, great series. Just came across it about two hours ago and spent that two hours reading and appreciating every one of your pages. Think I’ll be passing this along to my buddies. Good job!

Being the over-analytical person that I am…

I have something else to add. I just read the last twenty or so pages, and it appears to me that Nadia actually must be flying, because, as we can see in 124, Mr. Skull has flown up past the level of the nightmare’s eyes and was hovering right at the level of the primary horn to pick up Zulu. Since Nadia was on a similar nightmare and leapt straight out, she can’t have *fallen* to collide with Mr. S.

Hmmm, unless he picked up Zulu and then flew down a bit on the manta, but that is not established, and indeed it looks in 124 as if he has dismissed the manta and is standing on the head of the nightmare to talk to and bully Zulu.

I suppose that Nadia’s “Uh Oh” might be simply that she has no control yet and has just realized that she is speeding towards Mr. S.

15. Jonmkl says:

It’s about time! the villain was getting a little TOO cool, needed to be put in his place!

16. Jay Armintias says:

EPIC SLAM. Haha, I love it. The panel is executed beautifully: the sense of motion is perfectly conveyed. I can’t think of anywhere I’ve seen it done better. Power to the Ramon! *pompoms*

17. Lunaya says:

How ’bout a hug?! XD

18. yohseph says:

brilliant frame! i love all the splash pages :D totaly epic! and pulled off so well too. this one is really great. you have an awesome sense of space, it really shows with all the limbs in this shot, especially her left arm.
    mann did she ever nail Grimmy there lol
    well like every one else has all ready said
    ” your the mann, kool guy!”

19. RAWLS says:

Yo Ramon!
    Nice work my friend! Sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you face to face at the con this past weekend… I think I talked to everyone in the TX crew but you! Next time. I did however get to check out a certain persons book!… which is something I’d like to talk to you about, as I talked to the guy/company who is doing the printing and he offered me and the Anthology Project crew to use his services as well. I just wanted to pick your brain and see how you felt about dealing with them? Shoot me an email when you get a spare moment!
    Keep up the great work my friend!

20. Magenta says:

I love this page!

Thanks again for the sketch.

21. Jakkers says:

I can vaguely imagine how pissed he’ll be after THAT. xDDD

22. Joanna says:

Snabble! Snabble snabble snabble, snabble snabble! Snabble snabble snabble? Snabble; snabble snabble “zam bram”. Snabble snabble!

23. Joanna says:

Um. In other news, I LOVE IT. ;-P

24. Eric says:

@Odo: I agree. Another possibility is that she saw that Mr. Skull had picked up Zulu. He didn’t actually pick up Zulu until she was jumping. Also, her vision of what was going on may have been blocked since she was coming from behind.

Lenny is back to blue. He was a different color on the previous (“Uh Oh”) page. That’s an indication that this was at least semi-planned, I think.

As a private pilot, I can tell you that taking off and flying is easy. The hard part is landing halfway gently and at the right spot. And who knows, maybe she meant to tackle him all along.

25. Eric says:

Oops, I forgot about the curse balloon that will be on page 129a in the book. That sure makes it look like she is lower down at that point. So she must have flown up.

@Ramón: If that’s what you are trying to depict, then it’s an important clue. I didn’t think it was too slap-sticky. I think I’ll find out what you really meant in a page or two.

26. Rhan says:

In conjunction with the other panels, that is beautifully timed.

27. LazerWulf says:

Ah… THAT’S what she meant by “uh-oh.”

28. Archivist says:

Will the manta swarm sense HIM’s immediate peril and divert from the attack to rescue him?

29. Roger says:

Ahhhh! I love the comic, but I want more than weekly single panel updates! Even if they are sweet!

Please win the lottery, so you can focus solely on the comic..

30. raider_geek12 says:

This is so cool!

geek

31. heather says:

awesome!!! was not expecting this to happen at all!

32. Squiggle says:

Oh oh oh… *Jumps up and down waving hands in the air to get attentions* Roger’s idea is totally awesome!! We’ve totally found the answer to all your problems Ramon. So there it is, now all we have to do is rig the lottery or travel to the future or something :P Hooray. Lottery funded Kukuburi.

Also, page is awesome. I love Zulu and his tumbling upside downness. Its so cute.

33. Allyne says:

YESSSSSSS
    Skullman just got slammed.
    awesome.

34. Akinobu says:

Get Him,Nadia!!!!Great Panel Ramon!! ^^

35. Eidalac says:

Hehe.

I have to say, I did not see that coming. ;)

36. Ganja says:

Snabbble!!!!!!!!

37. Uh-oh. “☠☟⚰⚱”

38. Palmetto says:

Okay, did not see THAT coming…

39. WDCat says:

Ramon, nice job with adding the ‘most recent pages’ to the home page. I wanted to back up a few strips and get the flow of them happening together and hey presto, it’s already there for me! (If it’s been up there for a few million years, don’t mind me. I tend to be the last one to find things like that. :) )

40. kathryn says:

Woah woah woah, wuuuuut? She glomped him. That is awesome.

41. Xenon says:

Everyone has already stated, a lot, exactly what I want to say. But, this page is so great on so many levels that I feel compelled to state it also:

Holy ☠ that is awesome! Tackle that skeleton dood!

42. usivius says:

OOOHHHHH! SNAP! (geez, did I just write that?… sorry)
    I love that it’s likely an accident, but MAN! is there going to be reprecussions next panels!!!

WOO HOO!

43. DavinciCoder says:

Didn’t see that coming. Love the batman style “SLAM” in the background.

44. faetea says:

yay! so exciting!

45. Jalule says:

I would say rip’im a new one, but, he doesn’t really has a lot to work with, now does he? :P :P :P

YOU GO GIRL!!! XD

Ramon, you Tha Man. And it hasn’t gone unnoticed the cute little Lenny is totally yellow and red.

Man, you’re amazing.
    You HAVE TO keep it up!

Oh, btw: mi blog es en español, pero pensé darte las gracias así, en inglés. Por si te interesa leer en algún momento poesía o similares para distraerte, a tu disposición.

Kudos…

46. Cortillaen says:

The best-laid plans of mice and men and evil skeletons in leisure suits oft… get hit by girls falling out of the sky?

47. Jennifer says:

oh man, I wanna see Skull’s face SO BAD

48. Mesothelioma says:

Like the action underlay. Great strip.