one|thirteen

one|thirteen

as you can see the brigade du chapeaux is gearing up for a little bit of action. so stay tuned as things will get a little bit crazy…. :)

on a somewhat related tangent i’ve created the beginnings of a store on my personal site ramonperez.com. hopefully soon it will be packed with goodies, but for now, peruse at you leisure if you so desire. immediate ideas like prints, stickers and apparel spring to mind (and will hopefully arrive soon) with a much requested kukuburi book in the (hopefully) near future.

i want to banter on more but i’m dead tired. so, rather, i am going to hop on my bicyclette and meander home.

till next week my friends!

1. JT/ Sihaya says:

Zap guns with lightning bolts! They go pew pew pew! Weeeeeeee.

2. Lazureus Falcone says:

Wicked! Just, Wicked!

3. Seolyk says:

yay! ZOMGZ is back!

4. Mthaytr says:

Love your two-headed western-hatted dragon! There are always so many interesting things going on in each page, I just can’t get tired of looking at them!

5. scooterstine says:

Just recently got directed here from another page I read all the time, and all I can say is WOW. This is really… just… so much fun! Really really great work.

6. Stevie B says:

Whoooooooo Whoooooooooooo! I’m so glad Kuke is back!

7. Val says:

The white-blob thing always makes me think of Gleep and Gloop from the hannah barbera cartoon, Herculoids.

8. LaTonia says:

Poor Corcky, he just wants to wear the hat!

9. Chip says:

Are you flirting with me? Did you just mention a book in the near future?

Don’t play with my heart. I can’t take it.

• Ramón says:

it’s always been a plan :)

i just have to finish this arc and then re-edit the story for print and then hopefully “voila!”…

10. mart says:

it’s updates like this that make me want to see this as an animated movie

great stuff as per

11. R.A. says:

Did the green dude’s dialogue just change?

12. Zielak69 says:

I’ve just read whole comic so far and I keep saying to myself “what the hell is going on?”.

Great job Ramón, this comic is extraordinary and really great.

@ zielak69 thanks on the kudos, but your initial statement concerns me… i’m not sure if that’s good or bad!

there is a bigger story that is going to become much more concrete as the story unfolds. i wanted readers to experience the confusion of what nadia might be going through. as if she was pulled into a tornado and then spit right back out.

but at the same time i don’t want the reader to be completely lost…. how’s everyone else feeling?

• manda says:

Well, I’d be lying if I said I completely understood what was going on… lol But I understand it’ll unfold in due time, so for now I’m enjoying the ride. :P

• Zielak69 says:

It sure is positive kind of confusion, It keeps me wanting to read more and more to find out whats going to happen next.

14. Max says:

I’m also looking really foward to really piercing the story together. I think it comes down to understanding Nadias part in this plot, and the expectations towards her from both la brigade and the weird but extremly cool looking skelleton-guy.
    But so far the Artwork is what i like most about Kuku. Don’t get me wrong, the story so far is promising, but to be honest: to be really immerged in the story there has been to much of a hiatus. And combined with the welth of ideas and humor that make up kukus backstory that adds to complication. Not the least hint of a blame intended, i’m always rather astonished and thankfull that i can read such great comics like yours online for free. Keep it Up!

And I am really hipped to find out what Nadias hat will be like! :)
    Max

15. oralik says:

It’s cool to recover one of the best comics I’ve ever read. The best web comic for me . Such poetry, splendid design,wonderful colors. Each week I’m impatient to read the following. I thank you a lot for this magic moment I spend .

16. Stevie B says:

I love the way the story runs…you think one thing then BOOM, you turn the corner and its nothing like what you thought….its even better (loved the rock nightmares) and like everyone else, i’ll be in line for the book as soon as it hits this reality!

Whoooo whooooooooooooo!