one|eleven

one|eleven

…and as reggie makes his journey into the underside we end our week of daily kukuburi love!

i’ve quite enjoyed this week’s daily update schedule. i wish it were possible to do so continually, it just felt that good. perhaps that possibility will soon become a reality.

thank you all once again for the open armed welcome and i’ll see you next week on tuesday and thursday for more kukuburi action!

1. Mthaytr says:

I just found Kukuburi, and thought I’d drop a line to tell you how thoroughly I’m enjoying it! I don’t know the last time I read something so bizarre and wonderful. Your art style is, of course, beautiful – but I’m not sure whether to say “The art is perfect for your story” or “Your story is perfect for your art!”

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us!

thank you mthaytr, and welcome to the family :)

3. Ramses says:

Thanks Ramon for a great week of Kuku… I’ve been waiting with bated breath for you to start up again; this is one of the coolest comics I’ve read!

4. Lijabo says:

Woo, what a way to jumpstart the comic again. Loved these four pages. I sure hope that possibility becomes a reality. That would be like getting to eat a slice of pie every day.

5. redapples says:

Ramon you’re a slacker! [/jk]

Great to have you back behind the wheel. As always these pages need more viewing than the cursory glance. Loved the Tillywump fist shake in this page.

6. Stevie B says:

Sweet!

7. Strubisatoaster says:

This comic is well worth the wait. I’m so excited that this story is back on track!

8. Squiggle says:

SQUEEEEE!! Kukuburi is so awesome. So great to have you back Ramon, really enjoyed this weeks posts and looking forwards to seeing some more next week.

9. Squirrel says:

This is now the second comic I’ve read to actually come back from a hiatus! :D
    I started reading two or three days before you took your break and it’s great to see you back!

(Usually I just give up when a comic goes to hiatus, but Kukuburi is pretty* AND interesting, so it went into a special ‘here’s hoping’ bookmark folder)

*pretty – e.i. well drawn, well colored, professional finished quality

10. Val says:

I would say the story is perfect for the art. The story is still picking up, and it’s in a strange phase of still establishing the background for the story, so at this point, it feels more like a show case of the art, which has been very nice and exciting. The story seems to be starting well, and i’m sure will turn out to be very delightful. For me personally, you’re art has been bigger then the story, so far. I hope this in no way comes off as a criticism.
    I think both are great, but the art feels much bigger then the story, at this point in the story, if that makes sense.

11. We’ll definitively need a book for those. But something big, not comic book format, something bigger, something wider ! :-]

12. Escorial says:

Yeah!!!!!
    Man I missed it. The new pages are just awesome!!!

13. Bill says:

Glad to see you back Ramon, though you spoil us with all these updates

14. Michael M. says:

I love that the leg monster is waving his fist.

“Ya damn whippahsnappahs get away from mah leg, yessir!”

15. Grace says:

I *heart* the Tillywump. And his name :) His long, perky ears fulfill my daily need for cuteness instantaneously.

I can’t wait for this to go into book form. You’d sell them pretty quickly. I know I’d buy on ethe minute you had them out. I love your drawings Ramon, keep up the beautiful work!

17. Kit-Kat says:

I agree with Lijabo’s post, with one qualification– Kukuburi every day would be like eating yummy pie every day WITH NO WEIGHT GAIN!!! :D

Glad it’s back up, and thanks for all your awesomeness!

18. I have no idea what happened, but I couldn’t get any new pages?!? O_o

Problem solved now though ^_^

19. monadancer says:

Yeah the mighty fly!! I soo loove this graphic novel! The story is brilliant the ideas original and clever. Are you hiring? I’d sure love to be a part of your art team!

20. Wish says:

Absalutly adore Kukuburi. So glad it’s back and it needs to become a book.

21. Kalyandra says:

This was well worth the wait.

22. Max says:

I just love your style Ramon. So glad kukuburi’s finaly back on track, when i noticed that it’s about to resume updateing i actually cheered :)

23. fount says:

Thank you. For updating four days, for the beautiful artwork that you do and for sharing it with me/us.

24. Mart says:

aaaahhh, it’s been a long wait, feels good to have you back man, keep this up

25. blackcat says:

I’ve waited for you to continue and I’m so happy you did. I love your story.

26. Jerkwallace says:

Holy update, Batman! It’s great to see you coming out roaring out of May 12th like this, Ramon! I am good and ready to see what happens to that box!

27. Reidic says:

Ramon! So good to see you back!!! We were all right, it WAS worth the wait, and I can’t wait to see the conclusion to Chapter one, especially what I’m hoping to be a fun introduction between and Nadia, Rendo, and La Brigade Du Chapeau!

28. as363 says:

Hip Hip Hooray – welcome back – sorry for the late posting but just got the “puter” back . Nice to see that we might get the ‘chapeaux’ delivered .

29. Seolyk says:

poor tillywump… all he wants is a tasty hat :(

30. Midgetpohm says:

This is one of the best drawn comics ive seen, its totaly gorgous :D
    i’m glad i found this one just as you came out of hiatus am looking forward to the rest :)