what the platypus said.

earlier last week i returned from the new york comic con where i perused the aisles, talked with friends and peers, and had a good time all around. but, damn, was i tired when i got back! i always forget how much conventions drain me.

so upon my return home i took a few days to myself to recuperate from the con and the three months previous. the chaos that was my schedule before the con is thankfully done. but by no means am i free and clear, work still graces my drawing table, but it’s of a manageable amount, or just shy of. in the next few weeks i plan to sit down and get back in the groove of keeping a 9-5 schedule, or a semblance there of, and slowly get my personal, and most favourite stories, back on track.

the goal as it stands is to take february, or what remains of it, to get my work schedule in order while slowly prepping behind the scenes on kukuburi. finalizing script, laying out pages, updating the site, that sort of thing. then as the month comes to a close i plan to take as much of march as i can to begin working and building a buffer on the story and hopefully start updating by early april.

the “prelude” that i was planning for the tcaf collection has been withdrawn from the book for various reasons but i do hope to publish it as some sort of free give away for the show. more on that as it develops.

as well, starting next week i plan on updating the blog every week till i relaunch, to get back into the scheme of things as well as to warm you kind folks up to my presence again. the updates will take the form of news, doodles or what not and will be posted in the news section below.

for a full accounting of what’s been on my plate of late meander on over to ramonperez.com

that said, i wish you all a good night and i’ll see you all next tuesday!

cheers,

ramon.

ps/ oh, and as for the platypus… you’ll be seeing more of him.

1. Lijabo says:

Huzzah! Glad to know you’ll be getting back into the swing of things. ^_^ I’ve dearly missed Kukuburi.

And platypi are awesome.

2. Squiggle says:

Good to hear from you again Ramon and Im glad to hear things seem to be panning out as you wanted them to. I patiently look forwards to the return of Kukuburi.

Also, Im with Lijabo on this… platypi really are awesome.

3. Carl Cravens says:

Do what you need to, pay the bills, take care of yourself… we’ll wait. Maybe not patiently, but with understanding.

kukuburi is worth waiting for. And paying for. I’ll throw more money at you when it returns.

4. Great – looking forward to getting back to the story. I think I’m going to have to re-read the whole thing from the start to remind myself.

5. Sionned says:

I’m looking forward to getting back to the story, too. I’m just wondering (maybe I’m not reading carefully enough?) what happened to March?

glad to hear some folks have stuck around :)

and thanks for noticing my typo sionned, i wrote the update somewhat fatigued and missed march. all fixed up, so if things work out well – the beginning of april is where it’s going to be…

7. Platypodes are awesome.

Curiously, the presence of a platypus is a sign of good things. An ecosystem in balance…

I can’t wait for more Kukuburi! I am sure there is more of us out there still waiting patiently!

It’s nice to see you’ll be back on here, even if only in doodles and news. It was also great meeting you in NYC – thanks for signing that comic for my husband and me. April doesn’t seem too far considering February’s done next week – yay!

10. Joanna says:

Ah, a bright spot in my life! I wait with bated breath for Kukuburi’s return — but by all means, take all the time you need. You Can’t! Rush! Art!

11. amuletts says:

It’s good that this might be coming back – nice platypus :D

12. Graceofbass says:

His little webbed feet make me happy.

13. Andrew O. says:

Hey, Ramon

Two things (Three):

The cast bio for the shrooms is not working- mouseover stays an arrrow rather than a finger, too.

The contact thingmy is not working for some reason when I tried to tell you about it, message below:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

%20ramon@ramon-perez.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 5.1.3 … User address required (state 14).

Lastly, I’ll be glad to see the platupus when he (She?) comes up. It’s been a great journey with Kuku and you, and I realize you have other commitments professionally and personally, so I’m happily patient for what’s to come.

thanks for the update andrew!

the link was broken because i never finished it many moons ago… but all is good now. i’m not sure what to tell you regarding the email though – it should have gone through…. peculiar.

thanks for the kudos as well, i’m chomping at the bit to get back… but i don’t want to rush. i want to do it up right and proper with a little tlc.

15. CoyoteLovely says:

Ramon!

I’m glad to see you’re doing all right!! Is BNS coming back soon too??

both will be returning, probably within days or weeks of each other. i’m not sure which will launch first. all i know is i’m taking it slow and steady and launching when i am absolutely ready :)