one|hundred|seven

one|hundred|seven

i’ve been mulling over the donation drive and i think i’m going to execute it come the new year. i would like to have incentive for different donation increments and i’ll need a little time to produce that, plus my schedule before christmas rolls in is pretty psychotic as most publishers are racing to beat printer deadlines before the holidays roll in. so once that chaos is pushed aside i’ll be able to focus a little better.

many of you have been donating already which is great! thank you. i’m keeping a tally so if your donations match an increment i will send you some magic. i think i’m going to try to have something for every $25 increment. we’ll see…

due to the chaos mentioned above combined with a business trip i’m going to have to relegate next week to a cast update and then return the following week with story.

best,

ramón.

1. DmitriNeilovich says:

Snails got noses!! Who’da thunk…

2. Tom says:

I love Lenny with the changing shell. Good luck with the donation drive, I’ll be very interested to see what you come up with for the levels.

3. Vear says:

He’s a Mood Snail! Hahaha! awesome!

4. Steve B says:

I So Love This Comic! Worth The Wait Ramon!

5. as363 says:

Ramon – thanks for the duet update – and the snail does look like a Lenny .

Regards donations – please send me your paypal name so that I can start when the “eagle” screams next week .

6. Annabelle says:

I want a friendly, colour changing snail to sit on my shoulder. That’s all kinds of awesome :D

7. Remillard says:

Heh; Lenny the snail. Brilliant. Well worth the wait as always Ramon.

@as363 – To donate just click on the upside down hat on the right.

8. Emily Max says:

I love this comic, it’s like nothing else I’ve seen, and it always makes me smile when you update.

I’ll be donating as soon as the next installment of my student loan comes through.

Love

Emily.

9. mophreo says:

First of all – great comic, Ramon. Thank you so much!

So I’m currently reading Bones of the Moon by Jonathan Carroll and getting a serious Kukuburi vibe from it. Well actually, since the book was published in 1987 I suppose I should say that Kukuburi gives me a serious Bones of the Moon vibe. Anyway, the point is, Bones of the Moon is great – if you like stuff like Kukuburi or Miyazaki or Sandman you should definitely check out Jonathan Carroll if you haven’t already.

10. Dan says:

Why didn’t she put her goggles on, before she jumped? You can’t just go into action mode, without taking precautions.

That way, she could have kept her eyes open. Gog up, next time, eh?

(This being the one and only nitpick I’ve ever had about this beautiful story. Carry on, good sir.)

11. Elkae says:

Oooh looks like he *did* pee himself…

Hmmm, I can’t tell did Lenny just turn yellow now? Or is that just shadowing? Looks good! Not trying to pick it apart! Love it as always Ramon!

13. Sam says:

I have been away for a while and was able to catch up today.
    And the comic is as good as it has always been, the story line is so imaginative and the art work is phenomenal. This is one of my favorite comics!!

Lennys not looking to good right now. :D

14. Usivius says:

about tweeking dialogue: I know he referred to himslef as Leonard, pronounced “LEH-NARD”, so why would the “O” be emphasized (since it is silent)?…

Okay OK… I’m nit piking… the answer is obviosly because he was terrified….

great work Ramon!
    I love teh expression on her face. It’s like she is totally “going for it” in this realm.
    luv it!

15. Liz says:

You’re a genius.

16. Kristen says:

I just noticed this page- CUTE.

17. Coyote says:

I wonder if there’s a tie-in between Leonard the snail and real-world Leon the coffee-clerk from the beginning of the story…

Great story and stunning art. Keep up the fantastic work!

18. CoyoteLovely says:

Two Coyoties? ::Grins:: At least you have good taste

19. Fox says:

Just a bunch of animals in the comments!

Love the comic Ramon. Makes me wish I could afford to help support it; it’s one of the best looking webcomics on my list and wonderfully written with amazing characters. Can’t wait to see more!

20. Coyote says:

:) That’s actually my name. Clever usage on yours, by the way.

21. yachris says:

Awesome, as always… love her smile.

@Dan: She didn’t put her goggles on because she knew it was an easy jump (HAH!) and she’s closing her eyes in humor of distracting Lenny, and since she knows how far the jump is, she can close them for a moment. Or something :-)

Anyway, I love/hate how she distracts Lenny and then jumps when he’s off guard (hate it because I fall for that kind of thing ALL THE FREAKIN’ TIME :-)

22. Sammy says:

So, any word on the next update? I know you’ve got a lot on your plate right now, but the suspense is killing me!

23. Sammy says:

Anyone?… Anyone…? Bueller?…Bueller?…

24. Kaya says:

Update, update, update, update, update, update, update, update, update!!!!

Please :)

25. Yarrharr says:

Usivius-Uh, why wouldn’t you pronounce the “o”? I do…I also know a guy named Leonard who pronounces it Leo-nard.

Once again awesomeness Ramon,but yeah, as said earlier Nadia must have forgotten she goggles, what with all the excitement!

26. robert says:

I take it it’s the dreaded “on hiatus”????

Hope not.
    I just finished reading through the archives and I absolutely love the story and your art style.

I shall be adding this to my favorites, and I will check back….

27. Allie says:

Ah! I just read through the entire thing..and was so excited to get to the next page! But alas, there isn’t a next page (yet!).
    I love your style, and the characters are fabulous! I especially like the different fonts & colors (as well as languages!), it makes each character so unique.

28. robert says:

EDIT: Just read the news and your blog.
    Congrats on the comics you’re workign on, and I will pick up that Star Wars mini.

I will wait with baited breath(eww) for more Kukuburi.

29. Chip says:

…aaahhhhh…

lov-illy.

30. [...] last we left our intrepid heroine (nearly six months gone!), she was leaping into the vast unknown and had just learned the snail’s name. What’s that, you don’t know Kukuburi? For shame — get caught up before it [...]

31. Perhaps not many people know this blog, but I just found from the search engine and I loved it.. I subscribe.