baby steps…

just wanted to let you all know i’m working away here on kuku, just juggling too much this week. it’s drawn and scanned. thursday is colouring and hopefully posting mid evening :)

in the meantime up above is a quick doodle of nadia from my sketchbook. future designs one might say…

1. Adam says:

Cool sketch, and as always, appreciate any update on progress.

2. chaos says:

hey, just waiting… oh the suspense, it looks like you might be bringing in some info about the plot soon, looking forward to it! xP

3. Jim says:

Might I recommend that you build up a nice little queue for yourself before you update again? I’ve rather lost the thread of what’s going on in this storyline due to the long gaps in between updates. I’d much prefer to wait longer for a new update if it would mean getting more regular and frequent updates. Just one man’s opinion. :)

4. Tom says:

I love that pencil drawing! Great energy and flow. I’d love to see a color rendering of her in traditional media, it would be interesting to compare it to your digital work.

5. Brittany says:

Hey it’s those nifty boots from Nadia’s room! I’m pleased as punch to see that the room design was actually her stuff, not just random decorations or clutter..
    And we will always await patiently for Kuku, make sure you take care of yourself first :)

6. Joanna says:

You can’t rush art! Keep up the good work, Ramon! We’re rooting for you! And, for the record, I’d wait five years if I had to for a big glossy Kukuburi book. A couple weeks here and there ain’t that bad. :-)

as always, thank you all for your patience.

@chaos, oh the fit is about to hit the shan…

@jim, boy would i love too. that’s what i had when kuku first started and it was wonderful. but evens and my schedule have made in impossible to sit down and do so since. i would have to take a solid month of and not do any paying work to attempt that. though i have considered doing some sort of “fund raiser” to offset the lack of income. perhaps a small donation drive, or prints or… i don’t know. if 500 people donated $5, or one thousand people donated $1 it would cover my expenses for a month and i could do just that.

@tom, i have been thinking of doing a traditional media print, thoughts?

@brittany, your glaring double post has been rectified ;)

8. sketching_serenity says:

I have stumbled upon your website, and I am most impressed with your artwork. You use a lot of different perspectives that are dynamic in feel. and your characters are so fluid that it speaks of real strong artistic skills in life drawing.

keep up the great work and I look forward to updates.

Please tell me you ARE working in the field professionally, and not letting your talent hide from the commercial world.

9. Shane says:

I love seeing the process sketches. Could I suggest that you post more of them?

10. Katherine says:

I love the boots! Very cool.

11. K. Taylor says:

Ramon, as has been said thanks a million for the update. The pain of waiting is always assuaged by knowing what’s up. By the way, I definitely think you should try for the fundraiser, or print selling or what have you. The Dreamer did this fairly successfully a few months ago, and and offered increasing incentives depending on the size of the donation. Your situation is slightly different as you’re all-digital and don’t have pages to sell, but as many people as have been clamoring for TPBs, I’m sure prints would bring in some dough.

12. Kristen says:

Anyone that brings up the fact that you put your paid work and life before this and BNS is a big jerk. You handle it with grace- much more than I would if people were telling me what to do with my webcomics.

I like your short hair. Why hide that cute face? :P

13. Jen Mathis says:

Heee! Furry boots!

14. boB says:

Ramon ,The qualitly of your work is always worth waiting for, not that I enjoy waiting mind you.
    Ah well it builds character…heh .. seems lately I’ve built a cast…(not your fault)
    I was wondering if Naida’s hair shape was a nod to that other great , living in his own world , Toon?
    I’m speaking of course about Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes). Is there something about major imaginations causing star shaped hair?

15. Jenwa says:

Hooray!
    I’d send you a dollar in the mail for regular updates for sure.

16. Archer says:

I’m with Joanna rather than Jim on this one…I’m stuck on Kuku, and eager to see it as often as it’s ready for us :) I’d rather keep the suspense going over a few weeks than have to wait for a flood of pages every few months! The thought of a book is kind of making me drool…

17. Joanna says:

Mmmmm, book drool. The best kind of drool.

18. blaky says:

Take your time Ramon… we’ll wait for you.

On the topic of donations… i remember a couple years back you offered drawings for donations on BNS. I have 2 lovely drawings from you now and would love to add to the collection if you wish to do it again.

19. Storm Trooper says:

Omgosh best web comic evaaaaaaar!! Can’t wait to see what happens next! :D

20. Laura says:

Wow! This comic is amazing. I just read all of it, and I’m going back to read it all again. The artwork is AMAZING.