Hiatus

greetings to all, new readers and old.

after some great reviews on COMICFENCING.COM (thank you kindly gentlemen, and i do promise to clean up my grammar in the cast section!), a little pimping from GIRLS WITH SLINGSHOTS and a mention in PC MAG’s 10 Best Unsung  Webcomics you’d think the last thing i would do would be to go on hiatus. not to mention the prodding and ridicule i will receive from my studio mates and fellow TRANSMISSION Xers!

it seems the past couple months since my tenancy shenanigans began i’ve been throwing out excuses. something i hate doing, no matter how valid. i figure it can always get done. but i’m drowning.

i love working on kukuburi, along with butternut, it’s the very highlight of my week. but right now life is not too condusive in allowing me the time i wish to devote to creating kukuburi. i will not throw something up just for the sake of having something new every week, or as i have tried, every other week. with my current workload and my upcoming court hearings regarding my tenancy my brain is feeling a little lost and disjointed and because of this i’ve become a little disconnected with kukuburi.

so for the sake of the story and the enjoyment of it by you the readers i want to step away and clear up my workload to a manageable size as well as deal with the court proceedings, which a ramping up (i go to court tomorrow) so tonnes of meetings are being held with my lawyers and to make things even more interesting the opposition is playing some dirty pool so things are getting a bit chaotic.

i feel like the sword of damocles is hanging over my head.

i’ve set the date of september 9th for kuku’s return. it’s only a month away so i hope i don’t lose you all to the ebb and flow of the internet. by that time i know my workload will be of a more manageable size, ads for the court proceedings i really don’t know where things are headed there. things could be golden and i could be sitting pretty or things could go the way of evil and the corporation will crush me, drain me for every penny i don’t have and i’ll be looking for a new home.

you never know. so with that on the horizon i ask for a short reprieve.

i will be attending the upcoming local FAN EXPO later this month from august 22nd to the 24th. please swing by if you can, whether it be but for a little witty banter, a doodle or to buy some swag.

thank you all for you’re patience. you’re awesome.

i will see you soon.

1. GL, hope you see you back in Sept!

2. Kristen says:

Kukuburi is much like me: worth the wait.

3. SarahKate says:

How could you? You bastard! A whole month?

Haha, thought that would be funny after the hundreds of well wishers.
    I think the best way to solve your tennancy problem is to throw a turnip at the landlords head. Thats what I would do. This may be the reason I’m banned from the fruit and veg section at ASDA and why i have no friends.
    I’ll be looking out for turnip related incidents regarding tennancy law in Canada (you live in Canada right? My geographys terrible) to see if you take my advice!

Now get a shift on you slacker! I demand entertainment!

Sorry couldnt resist. :)

4. Voh says:

As long as it’s coming back, I’ll be checking back. I don’t care if there’s a hiatus, especially if it’s a clearly defined one. Your real life troubles deserve all the attention they need to be fixed, and all of us will wait until we can get our share of your brain once again.

Good luck and loving the work :)

5. Dave in NC says:

hiatus or not, I still check everyday!!! (just hoping for a surprise update I guess)

6. [...] – It’s Back! WTSBooks Blog Partners Rewards Program saved by aquila2008-08-19 – Hiatus saved by bookimdano2008-08-16 – Monster man saved by glitched18×2008-08-11 – How did you spend your [...]

7. A bear says:

I seriously doubt you’ll be losing anyone because you put this wonderful comic on hold for a month. It’s well worth waiting for. Good luck with your court hearings.

8. mybret says:

good job……myman……i’ill waiting for my favorite comic’s

9. Liz says:

Just wanted to thank you for the sketch via my boyfriend who braved the T.O Fan expo to get it for me. It brings me joy :)

you’re quite welcome, i’m glad you like it :)

11. Remillard says:

Likewise Ramon. The Nadia commission you did looks great framed on my wall. Thanks again.

12. Mike says:

Ramon, maybe the hiatus will keep the devoted. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of the comic Platinum Grit. That my friend has been on hiatus for a year ( or so it seems ) maybe my mind has distorted time perhaps… maybe a little.

Either way you’ll be fine, everybody seems o encourage you and that is the best sort of reaction you can get.

from a fellow illustrator.

x

13. fount says:

Ramon, you will never lose me as a reader/fan/devotee. I will always come back to read, whether you are updating or not.

I hope all is well on the home front!

B

14. AyeBee says:

I’ve been reading for a while, I guess that makes me a fan, huh? Well, I think it’s particularly well timed, updating the comic from hiatus shortly before my birthday. Kudos to you!
    Praise be to the Muse… Or whatever you damned artists pray to… ;P

*nose pressed to monitor*

16. Anthony says:

I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve again.

Hmmm, maybe you should try bottle that Ramon!

17. blaky says:

*waits patiently…..*

18. Amy says:

It’s the 9th! 12:54 am here in Arizona! Thank God I have homework all night, I’ll just check back every hour or so.

*hums happily to self*

19. Rob W says:

Heads up: Girls With Slingshots is already pointing readers here!

Alas, I’m in France anyway (where the 9th is half over already) so a late-in-the-day EST update will probably make me wait until tomorrow….

But I’m looking forward to more news as well; hopefully the frustrating experience with the apartment lease is coming to some kind of positive resolution. Fingers crossed.

20. sarah says:

well its just about midnight in Brisbane, Australia so i guess i have to come back in the morning, lets just say this dates been in the ol’ diary a while and im starting to have cravings.
    cheers and please say all is well with kukuburi!!

21. [...] saved by edmittance 36 days ago6 votesStrip News 8-15-08>> saved by ivan7881 39 days ago1 votesHiatus>> saved by U2Love 41 days ago2 votesWebcomic Wednesday: Questionable Content>> saved by nalobi 42 [...]

22. LimeVPN provides a whopping speed of 10GBPS to the VPN service users, at amazingly low rate.