eighty|nine

eighty|nine

greetings all,

things take a bit of a lighter note this week as we return to reggie. things were getting a little heavy and dark as chapter one begins to ramp up for it’s finale, so it was time for a breather, the calm before the storm if you will…

Ramon, you made me laugh out loud. It would appear that the Tillywump is not just an appetite for hats, but has some intelligence. (Not to mention a certain amount of technology, although that looks suspiciously like a gerbil wheel at the back of the boat.)

The Tillywump is *so* intent. That must be a really tasty Hat in there. Love the rainbow wake and wonder what is in the gerbil wheel.

Ooops…. Thought I had lost the comment and reposted it. Of course the irony is that by admitting my error I am now posting three times.

heh heh, glad you got a good chuckle! and yep, i’d say the rainbow engine is run on the power of 4 little feet working overtime!

as for comments sometimes not appearing. it has to do with the cache of the site. i’ve increased the length of time pages are cached in order to cut down on cpu usage. as traffic grows on the site, cpu usage increases, which also increases the hosting cost. this all has to do with using wordpress as a base program as it database driven and every time a page is accessed it fires up the cpu… unless it’s cached.

this unfortunately sometime affects posted comments appearing right away. if you think you might have lost your post, try refreshing your browser first…

5. Corteks says:

Lawl.

Unexpected and totally awesome, you have effortlessly put a smile on my face good sir!

6. Kris says:

I rather desperately want that first frame resized to wallpaper… That’s just too good…

7. Tom says:

Ha! I love the rainbow boat engine!

8. Lee Cherolis says:

*Add to amazon wish list.

9. Kat says:

Oh that’s just too funny. I literally LOLed at work.

10. B.J. says:

I’ve been reading for a while now, and I love this comic, but I’ve never felt a need to comment until I literally laughed out loud at seeing just the first frame. I second the request for that frame to be a wallpaper!

11. blaky says:

Yet another that LOL’d when i read that first frame. Yes please if you can make that into a wallpaper!

12. Elena says:

Ha! Got introduced to the story today – am already absolutely hooked on the story!

And today’s post – my friend across the table literally jumped went I burst out in a mixture of enthusiasm, amazement, of just not being able to totally grasp the scene and childlike excitement :o) Thank you so much for this, Ramón!!

13. brass says:

Dear God! The frist panel! Do you mind if I take some liberties and make it into a wallpaper for myself?

looks like the tillywump and his chosen mode of transport is a hit! when the tillywump first showed up i had envisioned it’s inflatable boat docked at one of the land masses as it wandered off following it’s nose…

maybe i’ll put that pack in when i go to print!

but in the meantime i will glady reconfigure the image for a wallpaper… gimme a few days :)

15. katie says:

one of my favorite pages.

16. Sam says:

love the inflatable boat, and the look on its eye in last panel !
    very funny stuff here!!

GO REGGIE GO!!! This is classic! I love it, I rarely use this term but LOL!!! I really did laugh out loud! My coworkers came over to see what was up. Ha, funny stuff Ramon!

18. mandru says:

Knowing there’s a hat in the package and that the Tillywump (Sillyrump?) wants to eat it…

Let’s just say this whole page is a delicious sight gag for fast food fans and the extent some will go to to get their favorite

Evasive action Mr Reggie! Posto Pronto! (OK, I don’t know if that means anything but he really needs to bug out.)

i cobbled together a quick wallpaper of panel one. it’s only one size right now. i’ll make various sizes to accommodate widescreen aspect ratios when i get a moment….

20. jstr4hire says:

Ok, I read a LOT of on line comics…
    INCLUDING Butternut… I have the comic!!!
    and was referred over by Sheldon.

But this is simply SWEET!
    the imagery and color and story…

I am blown away!!!!

21. Nikolaj says:

Seeing this just makes me smile and feel happy :)

22. Kate says:

The first panel of this killed me. It’s hilarious.

23. JimF says:

I’d like to request a 1280×1024 version please.

24. Andre says:

Ramón, you are a sensei.

The wallpaper is brilliant.

Love the wallpaper! Thanks Ramon!

26. Penned Paper says:

Love the wallpaper! (what font did you use, Ramón?)
    I

you’re welcome!

when i have more time i’ll rejig the image for different sizes as well as create some new wallpapers.

as for font? do you mean for the logo? if that’s the case, it’s not a font but my own hand scribbles….

28. TheAlchemyst says:

This is probably one of the most intrigueing comics I have ever read. You instill a feeling of child-like wonderment I haven’t felt in a very long time (since Pan’s Labyrinth), and yet it is grounded with an (anti?)heroine who is just as cocky- and weak- as a jaded young woman should be.

I am extremely picky about my webcomics: I only regularly check 12 or 13 a day, bumping off others to make room for the true creme de la creme.
    This is some creme-ulous creme, yo!

FYI found you through Sheldon. I haven’t seen any ads for your comic before, which is extremely unfortunate. Check out Project Wonderful: even in my aborted half-assed comic from a year ago, I still get random traffic from my Wonderful ads, at only a penny or 2 a day (properly invested, it is an extemely versatile campaign). This is a hidden gem that needs to SHINE

-TheAlchemyst (aka Pyrobob)

29. Penned Paper says:

@Ramón

Those are some kickass scribbles.

=D

30. JE says:

So many wonderful shades of awesome. Excellent work.

31. Dlaiyre says:

Really like the Propeller blades on that machine. :)

32. Kris says:

Thank you so much for the wallpaper. It is sitting happily on my desktop right now. ^__^
    You are a gentleman, sir.

33. HolditholditholditholditHOLDIT!! You mean to tell me that these 80-something pages (plus whatever it takes to get to the ‘finale’) is merely Chapter One!?!?!?! Of how many chapters?!?!? Good sweet freakin’ grief, man! Have you any idea of the level of anticipation that has now been generated? Figure a way to harness that and you’ve solved the world energy problem.

34. I really do like the clean crispness of this comic. And the lighter palette. Humorous too!

35. Melissa says:

I just recently found your comic and have been reading through the archives and I just wanted to stop and say that I absolutely adore it so far. And that the first panel here made me giggle.

welcome to the family melissa!

37. Brian says:

The rainbow fan just made my day

38. Bavette says:

Now that’s a stupid looking clueless fella. :3

39. Emma says:

Weel, somebody didn’t take the loss of his snack lying down…

40. Lazy J says:

its Feedin time i wants my lunch back bug boy lol