eighty|four

eighty|four

…and here we have, finally, page two of this weeks update! my apologies for the delay.

as well, there are a few new pieces up in the FAN ART GALLERY, thanks to all for allowing me to post your great art! i really enjoy seeing peoples renditions of kukuburi’s various characters so keep ‘em comin’!?

for those that may be interested i also fleshed out the “about” section.

beyond that i’ve doodled up a few more pieces of the cast, so look forward to regular updates of the cast section over the next three or so weeks.

now it’s time to get back to some more drawin’…

ps/ odo, looks like you called this one pretty bang on ;)

1. Frankie D. says:

Does the little grass and flower wig count as a hat, I wonder?

2. Liz says:

I would assume it was more his hair then a hat…and the flower is his cowlick…sweeeet

3. S says:

do I sense recognition?

Yay!

Hmmm… How is it that she knows Boulder Boy? At least that’s how I interpret the “you”. I think she gained knowledge while under the influence of the frooms. And why are there apparently flames in the background? You always leave us hanging, Ramon.

Love it, of course, especially the care with which Boulder Boy is carrying her. It’s obvious that she is precious to him.

If we’re having a poll, I go with the grass and the flower count as a hat. Even if they are part of him, the structure is very hat-like.

5. Andrew O. says:

most powerful single panel Ever!

Though the battlewhale descending into the Underside was really great, this just pulls so much together in such a simple way -with One Word.

love her gesture, touching her heart, covering the rip/bandage on her shirt-heart.

so good on so many levels- and that’s ignoring the awesome graphicals – you even got the shadows from the flames!

6. Steve B says:

I’ll bet the flower on top of rockmans head is the flower that sprouted during Nadia’s Battleship game vs Miami Vice Skeletor. On a side note I am turning my friends on to this comic and to a person…THEY LOVE IT! Just so you know Ramon, If and when this comic sees print, I will be the first in line to get it.

7. cs3ink says:

The yellow was wonderfully startling. I’m floored by this book.

I think Odo you are correct [as usual] , that maybe she gained knowledge from the frooms incident, but also maybe she recognizes boulder guy from the flower on his head!? Maybe she realizes that that is the same flower!? MAYBE!?

I LOVE the shadowing!

9. sunshinegetsmehigh says:

so…on the panel right before this one Nadia GASPS. Which could be from waking up and or could it be something else…

10. Sam says:

I don’t think the boulder boy is not in the hat brigade yet, since I think he came into being with Nadia missed shot in the game (he’s maybe a few hours old; if even that).
    I think she might recognize it as her creation since the frooms were sucking images from her and I presume they were not giving anything back.
    But only time and Ramón will tell for sure!

11. Reidic says:

I’m guessing that the flames are still a remnant from Nadia’s memory/nightmare of the car crash as she slips back into reality, but I could be way off base here. Only time (and Ramon) will tell.

12. Warsaw says:

I think that she recognizes him because he came from her imagination. Maybe she’s so connected to the place that her childhood imagination populated it. I think the flower is actually the one giving orders to Boulder Boy. In previous strips, it looked like he wasn’t talking, but instead being told what to do.

13. Tom says:

Love the colors and I love the characters, they are so interesting. Can’t wait for the next panels.

14. Vlan2k says:

The artwork in this continues to simply blow me away…. not to mention the absolutely amazing imagination driving the whole thing!!

15. ketsuo says:

Wow this is so amazing, can’t wait for more
    COngratulations Ramon tu trabajo es muy muy bueno =D !!

16. Cassanara says:

I find it interesting that the bluebird is nowhere to be found in this panel…

17. mandalee says:

Beautiful comic, great work!

boulder boy is from Nadia’s game of battleship, I presume she brought him to life when the flower landed on the floating rock

18. Dlaiyre says:

I suspect all of these [good] characters are things that she drew as a child.

19. Jason13L says:

I think you are correct Dlaiyre. Since Meep and I believe Morvo were drawn as a child a few pages back. It does seem that she either created some of these characters or that she had a connection to this world at a very young age.

20. Jazz says:

Sweet colors.

21. sunshinegetsmehigh says:

maybe Nadia saw this other “world” as a child, and people just thought she had a wild imagination…maybe

22. Sam says:

maybe she help create it when she was a little girl with her drawings!

23. Tibz says:

I love how the boulderboy is holding her so carefully. ^^

24. Bezman says:

About the “command-like” dialogue earlier:
    Even though the most likely scenario is that the rock is her only saviour, it is still possible that the flower is hiding some minor creature, like Mip or that bug Reggie. Although the talking that’s been done do not match their characteristics that we’ve seen so far. I think it also rules out Mr Bojangles, who may be camoflaged to match the rock colors, but he clearly has a well-groomed vocabulary that hardly would include “ya big oaf”. So either a new small character, or just the rock-man.

25. D. Walker says:

Bezman, couldn’t the “flower” be the small nw character? Commanding the boulder fellow from above?

~D. Walker~

26. Stephanie N. says:

Do you think that rock guy might’ve transformed from the rock that grew a flower when Nadia won that point during Battlewhale in the Nov. 6, 2007 strip? That would be quite interesting….

27. They look like big, strong hands, don’t they?

Sorry, sorry, couldn’t help it. It’s like a reflex.