eighty|three

eighty|three

in this land where i reside, the place i affectionately refer to as canuckland, we just had a long weekend. known as ‘may two-four’ to those who might not know. it kinda buggered my thinking, and i thought today was monday. and well it wasn’t. nope, it was tuesday.

heh, my bad.

ooooooh, TOTAL cliff hangar! I SO wanna see what’s happening next….eeek, this is me excited. :)

Oh.. eyes…
    “She” is speaking through her harbinger. She will not linger, I think, but She has manifested in the Inbetween, or at least in Nadia’s dream.

3. Em says:

wait,
    who is this She everyone is talking about? Did I miss something in my obsessive kukuburi weekly checking? Someone clue me in, please. :)

4. Steve B says:

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. DrMorganes says:

@Em:

There seem to be two powers in the Inbetween: HE is the dapper-looking skeleton with the snazzy shades. SHE… well, we’ve only hints and speculation at this point, but SHE is HIS counterpoint. We do know that there is regularly someone brought to the Inbetween to oppose HIM directly. Nadia is that someone, and perhaps more.

6. Jacen Xhan says:

Why does that blue bird always remind me of twitter. . . . .

AWESOME PAGE, I love the colors!

7. CoyoteLovely says:

Whoever it was that said they needed a Bluebird of Happyness Tattoo – this page would be a great one to pull it from! Either with the eyes, or with the takeoff.

8. Steve says:

panel 2 is wonderful.

9. I’d just like to point out that the bird is telling Nadia to awake THE child in that last part. Either a typo, or Nadia must become the hero that everyone except her knows her to be and revitalize the inbetween! Or something. Yes.

10. Lindsay says:

I think it’s more of a ’snap out of it, wake up and free yourself from the frooms’ kind of thing. and that blue bird would make an amazing tattoo

11. Amanda says:

I love the comic, but most of all I love the birds! I’m not the one who (publicly ) said they wanted a Bluebird of Happiness tattoo but I’ve been toying with the idea since I saw it. These birds make me want to do it even more!

12. Lee Cherolis says:

I know, Ramon’s bird illustrations really are flattering to the species. I tend to side with my brother that Birds are vicious disease factories on wings and are to be despised and reviled. So twitchy!

But not Ramon’s birds. They’re pretty. ;)

13. Bill Angus says:

QUOTE: in this land where i reside, the place i affectionately refer to as canuckland, we just had a long weekend. known as ‘may two-four’ to those who might not know.

And, more accurately known as ‘Victoria Day weekend’….

14. DrMorganes says:

To me it looks like the bird is saying, “Awake child, a WAKE the child”.

**ponders**

15. Lynn says:

I’ve never actually heard it referred to as May two-four… unless of course you don’t mean Victoria day and I’m totally missing something

Loving the birds by the way

16. Sam says:

Beautiful..so nice to be back to full color. And the bird just awesome!!

17. Marcus says:

Love it.

I disagree about the flower being a hat. I don’t think it is, I think that he is just a “good guy” or he creation, not all “good things” have hats, i.e. the bird of happiness. I think she did make him and she may have a motherly attachment to him/it

18. eric from abeno says:

the flower thing is kinda interesting, huh? we all saw the flower “land” on a floating bit of rock. Next time we see it (it has to be the same one…) it’s sticking out the top of this rock-guy’s head. so did he find it and take it, or did the floating rock “come to life”? and if so, what the heck does that mean? and why didn’t anything “odd” happen to “Him” when the bluebird of happiness appeared??

also, note that the “bluebird of happiness” appears to be a rather special bird, with parts of itself not actually physically connected to its main body, while the bluebird in the more recent panels seems to be more “ordinary”, in that it’s a whole, normal looking bird.

“Awake Child, Awake The Child” … seems like, if it’s not a typo (and I can’t imagine a person who plans and executes such vivid pages could make a typo in the ONLY dialogue on the page…) Then it is one of two possible things: it might be two seperate commands – “Wake up” and “Awaken the child within yourself” kinda thing…. OR it’s simply two different ways of calling out to her. in other words, she is being adressed as both “a child” and as “THE Child” (of Creation?) …one, a simple description, and one, a title of Power. Maybe.

I know. I talk too much -_- Sorry.

19. boris says:

the eyes thing is kind of like that cheesy 1980’s television show Manimal.

20. Cassanara says:

eric from abeno wrote “and is it just me, or are Nadia’s eyes MUCH bluer than before? (I had to go back and check, and I was surprised just how little we actually see her eyes…. we don’t get a glimpse of her eye color until page 10!)”

Going back to look at page 9 and also seeing her eye color around page 70, I think that her eyes are just as blue, they’re just very dilated.

About the blue bird…I was thinking that it could have been “Her” talking to both the bird and Mr. Boulder, but looking back at those pages, the dialect/lazy speech patterns there are incongruous with the “Awaken child. awake the child” of the speech bubble near the bird. But it could be “Her” on this page, talking to the bird, telling it to “awaken the child”? Or telling Mr. Boulder to?

21. Bezman says:

You might want to compare her eyes in this strip with :
    [url=http://www.kukuburi.com/2008/02/20/sixtytwo/]page sixtytwo[/url]

22. Bezman says:

You might want to compare her eyes in this strip with page sixtytwo:

23. Bezman says:

so, how the heck do you actually get to POST here? Its been rejected without comments TWICE now…

24. Bezman says:

DOH! Stupid web browser cache…! Stupid me! X-P
    Ah well, there you have the link anyway, enjoy! :)