a decision of defeat?

this week has been a trying one work wise. a large contract (my stint on wildcat for dc’s jsa: classifieds) is due for completion. as much as i would like to be able to juggle said workload along with my kuku and bns obligations is something i’ve decided, thanks to reader support, that i shall take pause on.

both kuku and bns are close to my heart and rather than rush or cobble something out in my burned out state for all to read, because i feel pressured to, i would rather take pause, breathe and put something worthy together. something i’m proud of.

that said, the promised second page update of kuku is going to be bumped to tuesday. making kuku’s update this coming week only one page, allowing my peace of mind. i create these updates in two page beats, so i feel a little bit like i’m cheating separating one update over two weeks. but i have to.

next week as projects wrap up i will be able to regain my composure and give both kuku and bns 100%

in the meantime i can give a little something with reggie’s addition to the cast page. i hope it satiates, somewhat :)

thanks for being patient.cheer, ramón.

1. country mouse says:

Do what you need to do to keep your sanity. I love the story, I love the art. Every new page is a thing of joy.

2. Kris says:

Your web comics have a regularity to them that is seldom seen. That you’ve been able to put both out at such an amazing tempo is a feat you should be very proud of. You deserve a break, even if it is only to do other work. I guess it’s something like taking a weekend to do your laundry…

3. MK Owens says:

Like the other two said, Ramon, do what you have to. Everyone needs a break, even webcomic artists. Your comics are more than amazing, they’re gorgeous works of art. The world needs more artists like yourself. :-)

4. Andrew O. says:

Yeah, every artist needs a break from hectic schedules- so many burn out at great personal and professional cost.

I *Much* Heart your Art! (and amazing Concepts and Storyline too)

Happy Break.

5. Matt says:

Do what you have to do. I LOVE the comic, I can wait a week for more awsomeness :)

6. Tiffy says:

I’d rather you don’t quit, I don’t mind waiting for each page. So take your break. Real life before the internets ant all that.

7. someone says:

yeah. take your time.
    i know it’s going to be totally worth the wait.

hope your deadlines allow for a bit of easter-egg-eating.

Take your time, definately! Hope all goes well this weekend so that you’re feeling less stressed.