sixty|two

sixty|two

and here we have the remaining pages that i had hoped to have up yesterday!

thank you all for the well wishes. i am feeling nominally better today, so hopefully my health is on an incline.

regarding the rss feed. i recently started using feedburner for kuku’s rss feed. so this might be why it hasn’t updated in your reader, a simply re-subscribe should rectify that.

also, for those who might be interested in spreading the kukuburi word via various avenues i’ve put up a couple different links in the sidebar, stumbleupon and a facebook share. if you can recommend others, please do :)

also, in a similar regard, does anybody use the “tag comic” buttons in the sidebar? if not i’m thinking i might dump it…

till next week!

1. Erik says:

I use the Tag buttons! Please don’t delete them I’ll be sad.
    PS. your comic is sweet.

2. Phil says:

Okay, Nadia’s a long way from home, and she’s not even in her own room; this is more intriguing by the page. Anyone who has read Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass should try Automated Alice by Jeff Noon. Actually, you ought to read anything by Jeff Noon: Vurt, Pollen, Nymphomation, Needle In The Groove, Pixel Juice and Falling Out Of Cars.

3. DCorsetto says:

Oh FAB, Ramon!! The details in the room make me feel lazy, lazy, lazy. Impressive.

You know what I love about this being a webcomic? That we have no idea when it ends. For a moment there I thought “Oh, I guess it was all a dream, and that’s it.” But there was no feeling of either two or two hundred pages behind my thumb to tell me how much longer we have. The uncertainty makes me happy.

4. ZenKai says:

Dude… you nailed the expression in the last panel Ramón. I’ve been staring at it for the last 30 seconds or so, trying to figure out exactly what’s conveying the emotion. Can’t figure out if it’s the hint of the brow, the dialated pupils, or the shape/position of the mouth. NAILED it I say.

5. Doug says:

It just gets better and better.

You, sir, have risen to the top of my favorite artists list. Keep it up.

6. angela says:

i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve it.

and i lurve the tags too – pls keep!

7. Puzuma says:

I woke up this morning and my first thought was “Kukuburi update! We get to see what’s on Nadia’s ceiling!”

Still no update though. That makes me sad.

Hopefully the flu doesn’t keep you down for too long Ramone. Get well and keep up the awesome work as best yuo can.

8. laurajs says:

hmm i think she is saying oh boy coz shes late for work

9. Energie o2 says:

Ramon, I agree with Pan, in a way. I think Alice in Wonderland is a great story (I’ve read the book and watched the animated movie as a kid), but please please don’t read it just yet!

I want to see what You come up with. Your imagination is brilliant and staggering, and I would feel a bit cheated if similarities between your Nadia’s story and Alice’s became transparent. Don’t get me wrong, I think you’re in control of your story and you would be very careful to avoid that type of “creative contamination” but it’s like a conversation.

At least for me, I go along, saying my own thing, and then have a thought that pops up and BAM! I either say it, or I try to push it out of my mind. And that is like saying “Don’t think about Purple Elephants” because then all I can think about is purple elephants! And all the rest of my idea flow stops because there’s this piece of grit stuck in my methaphorical teeth. (Haha, purple elephant grit ;P).

So really, it’s completely up to you whether you read Alice or not. External output is a terriffic thing and you can use it and twist it up your own way as a new source of ideas.
    Just consider the impact it might have on your own continuously developing story and imagination , both positive and negative.

Otherwise, its as lovely as ever and very exciting! Thank you!

Odo, btw, neat interpretation of the Alice plotline (Alice = young, Nadia = older). I do agree there are certain similarities between the stories.

10. Thornae says:

@H: I went back to check the first couple of strips to check out the colours you were talking about (I reckon you’re dead on with your conclusions, btw)…
    … and now I’ve just finished re-reading the whole archive again.
    It’s just too damn good.

Ramón, if this doesn’t get printed in a big glossy book when it’s done, I’ll cry.
    I want to have this in a format I can curl up with on the couch and linger over every exquisite detail.