fifty|five

fifty|five

deadlines are encroaching and i’m under the gun.

so,  todays update will be followed by page 56 on wednesday and 57 on thursday.

till tomorrow!

1. Pan says:

Thanks for keeping things up as much as possible, despite the workload. Best of luck concerning the deadlines :D

2. L. says:

CROTCH SHOT

(sorta?)

Keep on the awesome

3. sunshinegetsmehigh says:

*sniff, sniff* poor birdie…

Now we’ll just get a nice little surprise all week! :)

…..the skeleton guy looks like he has a belly……

5. Alomax says:

He’s not fat, he’s big boned.

6. Seolyk says:

I just found this a few days ago and I’m loving it! Take all the time you need if you’re gonna continue with art this good!

7. nashoba says:

And I was going to ask how you find time for it all *snicker*
    Kick back, have a few beers, and relax.
    We can wait.
    We want you sane so you can keep doing this!

8. Mickk says:

Nah, that’s his “fat” shirt, everyone has one of those.

9. Kris says:

From what I’ve seen, the less sane Ramon keeps, the better Kukuburi gets. ^_^
    We all love you, Ramon. I’m glad you know where your priorities are; the pay gigs first, then the Art for the Sake of Suffering!

10. Kat says:

Quality over Quantity Ramon ^^ take the time you need.

11. Steve B says:

Once again….Good Things Happens To People That Wait!

Your Art Rocks!

12. Jane says:

Mr. Bones has a white belt with black pants…. why be he emo? Why?

Jane, he’s not emo, he’s disco! (I can’t believe I just said that…)

14. Doomguy says:

Either way, he’s got someones bone in his hand….

15. Lee Cherolis says:

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait for those pages.

16. Chip says:

While my book isn’t NEARLY as work-intensive as yours, I nonetheless completely understand. You make, I’ll drewl.

17. Chip says:

Oops. I meant “drool”.

18. Spot says:

I had a dream that you came into my house and put a pen up my nose. Also, you looked a lot like Salvador Dali. As I understand it, you accused me of flying in your airspace.

Just thought you should know.

I adore your comic, by the way, and am giddy with anticipation for the next page. I appreciate your efforts to continue to bring it to us despite your workload! ^_^

19. CoyoteLovely says:

I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we’ll cry that we don’t get regular uptdates – but that’s cause we’re all addicts.

In our hearts we understand that an artist with sleep and less stress makes better comics! So we’ll be patient!

20. Vlan2k says:

Patience my arse…. I want my money back!!!

Oh.

Right.

Nevermind.

;) Keep up the awesome work… we’ll live until the next fix. I mean page.

21. devon says:

you are _such_ a tease.

22. Lisa H says:

Don’t stress over schedules. Its not like we’re all whipping out our wallets here everyday so if you’ve got to put things off for the real world you shouldn’t feel like you need to apologise. Just keep up the schedule you can manage and we’ll keep tuning in.

23. katiebird says:

aw… the bird…

24. Sam says:

I was hoping the bird would have become some sort of E-vile minion of his :(

25. nashoba says:

Pacing;
    I was reading comments from the beginning of the comic and noticed one written by Huck. He believes the pacing is slow.

I would like to counterpoint that. He had great criticism but I think its all a matter of preference. Being several months in and we still do not know exactly what is going on is masterful. This is what carries great stories, it is the discovery. Once all of the “rules” are revealed, you get nothing more than variations on bad guy screwing over good guy, Yawn! Some people like this sort of thing, if so, there are other comics to read in the meantime. Heck, I get in the mood for some action, but it never gets read more than once.

Most sequels do not do as well as the first because everything is revealed already. What masterpieces have a slow pace? 2001 A Space Oddessey, some Frank Miller stories, Isaac Asimov’s Foundation Series, Lord of the Rings, Frank Herbert’s Dune, Hitchcock. Sure they seem fast, but that’s because you couldn’t put them down or did not realize the passage of time! It takes a long time for the story to get moving on any of them. Does this translate to the web? Heck yeah!

I am sure many of your fans would agree that much of the pleasure comes from the slow revealing. How many of us have gone back to the beginning several times and discovered new things. It is deep, meaningful, and can be interpreted differently with each reading.

I can’t wait to find out the secrets of this new world and learn more about these gradually becoming complex characters.

Keep up the suspense! I am glad you are doing it your way.

26. Puzuma says:

As nashoba said the slow reveal is great but at the same time very frustrating.

When do we find out what happened to Nadia? Back on page 45 she was just tossed off the “planet”.
    Seeing as she’s “the good angel” (even though she cheated) I’m looking forward to her angry response over her dismissal.

27. Cathy says:

For shame… that was one pretty fantastic comic bird skeleton.