thirty|six

thirty|six

the second part that i spoke of…

i’ve also added an archive above. unfortunately not a visual one, just by page number. i hope to have a visual one soon.

1. Chris says:

so detailed and a little reminiscent of the BFG. that movie terrified me.

2. Casey says:

Is that a purple Cthulhu I spy in the middle?

3. Kristina says:

So the giants sleep standing up? By the looks of them I wouldn’t want to wake them up either!

Chris… I didn’t know that they made a BFG movie. Was is just a low budget b-flick?

• Brian says:

My friend has a DVD copy…I’ve never seen it. BFG always makes me think of Doom, lol…apparently my parents didn’t do a very good job

4. Chris says:

Re: Kristina

I dont think it was low budget, i havent seen it in years. It might have just been a british hit?

you can buy it though, http://www.amazon.com/Roald-Dahls-BFG-Friendly-Giant/dp/B000FOQ02I/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1195690540&sr=1-1

It used to absolutely terrify the shite outta me when i was a kid!

5. Sam says:

HELL-o Mr. Bojangles

This looks like some serious fun is about to happen :D

6. lyfetyme says:

astonishing. You have single handedly got me into drawing again, and I can’t thank you enough.

7. Jacob Walker says:

Yup, I think Im going to go draw too. So dang inspiring!

8. Loving this sooo much. The pure whimsy, the creativity, the boundless feel to the background.

The variety of giants kicks serious ass. I would love to pick this up in book form when it’s complete and I’m looking forward to those wallpapers.

9. Emir says:

Man, I can’t say how much I look forward to these pages and just wanted to thank you for doing such a great job!

10. Jane says:

This is so wonderful!!!! They’re like sleeping mountains… that can eat you. :)

11. Mart says:

uh-oh spaghetti-o’s

12. Kat says:

I found this page through Girls with Slingshots. It’s really great, I shall be back.

13. CyCo says:

So, who else is wondering if the giant bug is a sleep or awake…??

14. Mart says:

I was thinking the same thing about that creature-from-the-black-lagoon looking mo-fo…

15. Polona says:

Eeps! They don’t look very friendly… I love the variety of giants, great colours and details you put into this. Just great!

16. Villanousfats says:

Is it just me or does the big white giant on the left look a little like the dragon from the never ending story?

Fantastic art. Keep up the good work.

17. Tiani says:

Nah… must be you. That dragon was more chinese looking (canine head, serpent body with bird feet). That looks more like something from Bone…

18. Phil Nolan says:

I love this so much it hurts just a little.

19. Clay says:

Wow, it took like 3 looks to see that the huge orange giant thing had only 1 eye, I kept thinking it had two very small eyes, then realised it has a lion-esque nose and they were it’s nostrils.
    Durh on my behalf…
    And I totally agree with the BFG comment, freaky similarity.
    I think the bug eyed one creeps me out most, who knows when it’s eyes are closed?!
    Absolutely great work! Can’t wait for next page!

20. Stina says:

Me thinks that the G-Four call will hit a giant and wake them all up in chaos!

21. Bruce says:

Hey, I think I kinda recognise most of them. Can’t remember where from for a few of them. The ones I kinda recognise look like (from the top left) Mothra (bred with RatThings from Bone), Gamera, Cthulu, and Cyclops. If the Black Lagoon lookalike isn’t actually the Creature, I don’t know it. No idea about the Giant Bug in the foreground. And I can’t remember where I know the Giant Sloth or the Blue Thing from – although the latter looks a little like the created alien from Watchmen…

the big fellow in the foreground is a tribute to ray harryhausen’s kraken and cyclop, moreso the latter. the big moth guy is my nod to mothra, while the turtle looking dude is my tip of the hat to gamera. that’s about it though, the rest just oozed out of the back of my head…

23. Ceramic says:

The bigger they are, the more there is to kick. Or headbutt, if no legs are available.